engine question

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
FastFlaMx3
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: engine question

Post by FastFlaMx3 »

Josh wrote:
if you have the time and know how to do it and want to then do it.

If he's asking about it, than he doesn't have the know how.

i do have the know how and the knowledge, but this is my statement the dumdest question was never asked i just want to know if it is worth looking at or even attepming a swap of this kind , i just didnt find anything about this kinda build so i want to see what other thought or have done or anything with one of these KJ's
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3882183" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

If I were you I would read that Work Log on Club protege he has the same one on the Ford Festiva forum, and you can see what you will be getting yourself into. You should send him a message with questions, he is a pretty cool guy and i am sure he can help answer some of the questions that you may have.

Its not just a direct plug and play swap, a BP or FE swap is far easier, this is a journey through the Appalachian Mountains.
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

Don't take it personally, we're just a insultuous but loving group of people. Back in the day we all used to ask, "will uh rowtaree fit?" and enrage the senior members with the question, and of course, the answer is no.

But turned out someone put a rotary in a mx-3... and long story short, it was stupid expensive and the car turned out ugly. Completely not worth it, so the answer still stayed, "no."

same concept with the KJ. expensive, a lot of work, the ends may not justify the means... plus the KJ isn't known for reliability. We go with the "short answer."

A nicely built turbo DE would be much cheaper, faster and easier.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

FastFlaMx3 wrote:i just didnt find anything about this kinda build so i want to see what other thought or have done or anything with one of these KJ's
That's not what you asked.
FastFlaMx3 wrote:will a miller-cycle supercharged engine fit in a mx3
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”