Ethand's Eunos Presso 1.8 V6

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
Miguelitto

Re: Ethand's Eunos Presso 1.8 V6

Post by Miguelitto »

MX and sunshine... perfect match...

nice pics, I really love it....
Never run faster than your angel can fly!........ My angel has NOS
My worklog || Brazil => http://www.mx3zone.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mikeetown
antispam: No

Post by mikeetown »

hey Miguelito,

in you banner, that red mx-3 has projector head lamps. How do you like there quality of light? you probably have a HID bulb in them i'm assuming??
mikeetown
93 Black GS - J-spec KLDE, CLEAN CAR
92 Red GS - J-spec K8ZE, stripped interior - Written off
2004 Infinity G35 Track Edition - 6 speed manual
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=79142
Miguelitto

Post by Miguelitto »

mikeetown wrote:hey Miguelito,

in you banner, that red mx-3 has projector head lamps. How do you like there quality of light? you probably have a HID bulb in them i'm assuming??
That mx-3 is mine =D

Those lights are much better than the Original headlight, more bright, more visible.

She`s also with Xenon 12K which is much much better, and more good looking.... =P
Never run faster than your angel can fly!........ My angel has NOS
My worklog || Brazil => http://www.mx3zone.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ethand
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by ethand »

Painted the front indicator housings gloss black... turned out pretty well :D
'92 JDM Eunos Presso - Zeke
JayoM

Post by JayoM »

Wow, surprised at the difference that makes! Think I might be doing the same at some stage! Looking good!
ethand

Post by ethand »

Haha yeah, I rate it looks much better :)
I also much prefer it to the "nightshade" option so many people go for, as this way, the actual light is still just as bright & easily visible, plus it looks so much more like OEM than a bodgey backyard jobbie ;)
ethand

Post by ethand »

SO, Zeke decided to give me a birthday present today while I was on my way home from spending my birthday money on a new camera this morning... His present? Broken clutch hydraulics. :crying:
Off to the mechanic...

Oh, and yeh, the previously mentioned (In the official rant thread) damage from some low life a week or so ago:
:evil: :crying: :evil:

And I installed some new headlights about a week back, too... some whiter light ones... Seem about the same brightness, though...
My poor baby has seen better days :crying: :crying: :crying:
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Ethan!!

Keep your cool man, Zeke will be fine! :)

Dents are a PITA, but it does not look like the metal is creased, so the damage is likely very easy to repair! You may be able to pop it out by hand even, if you're careful. I recommend having someone who knows auto body take a good look at it though, their thoughts will tell you a lot! If you have no choice but to go to an auto body shop, pick their brain first... maybe bring in a picture of the damage, so as to avoid a true quote. Ask what they might do, and you may be able to fix it on your own, you know?

As for the headlights, you should look into Sleeper6's worklog, he made a good writeup on upgrading the wattage of your stock H4 bulbs! Good stuff, I'm in the process at the moment myself.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
ethand

Post by ethand »

Haha I'm keeping my cool, its just one of those things where I look at my baby & things don't seem to be getting better all that much! Haha
But hey - I've got him back on the road now - Picked him up from the garage this evening (and then got chased by some weird chum in a Hilux, but lets save that exhilarating story for the rant thread haha) and everything works fine as usual :)
Tomorrow morning I don't have work, just at night, so I might try taking the interior of the boot apart & see if it gives me access! If so, I might try a rubber mallet or something t gently knock it back out. Like you say, it's not creased!
Another suggestion I've had was a toilet plunger, not too sure I'm that keen on the idea, and I actually don't own one, so it would involve going out & buying one haha..... we'll see :roll:
Vecia

Post by Vecia »

Just want to say, I love your car man. Sorry about the fender-bender.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Uhoh, I love psycho drivers who chase me. :freak: The last one who did that, was all show, and I let him follow me into a parking lot, before blocking the only exit with my car. :twisted: He drove over the curb reeeaaalll quickly when I got out and walked right to him. :lol:

Behind the wheel of a car, everyone's a hardass. Take that wheel away, and 90% will back down. It's the 10% you have to look out for, they'll shoot you, or run you over. :freak:

I strongly recommend against the rubber mallet, because you can't control the force of the blow so easily. I would try pushing against it, without actually hitting it, definitely use the palm of your hand for a first go. If that doesn't work out, you could try to pick up a budget set of slide hammers. I used a rubber mallet on Tracy for a simply dent, in my left quarter... ended up making 2 smaller dents, that are a little more difficult to remove. :(
Last edited by MrMazda92 on February 15th, 2012, 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
AaronTietje

Post by AaronTietje »

Ouch sorry. I would recommend taking it to a body shop with the interior panels pulled and ask they to "push" it out the best they can. It would be a very minimal price and you may be quite surprised how good it looks after just a couple minutes. :shrug:
We all want to be fast and look cool. Cool changes but fast never does.
ethand

Post by ethand »

Hmm ya, this guy was pretty intense... he was doing some major driving to keep up with me in that 4x4 ute!! Might go back today & see if there are skid marks everywhere, I'm sure there are... might be able to use those to help the cops out :shrug: that kinda behaviour isn't acceptable ever, I don't care what substance he was on...
Thanks Vecia, hoping to try straighten that dent out today :) Then there will only be the paint chip on the wheel arch and on the mudflap. The mudflap was just black, and I think I still have a tiny bit of that paint here, so should be able to fix it up ok...
If I don't have any luck with pushing the dent out with my hands, I might try the local body shop, Aaron... I have a mate who is a panel beater, might be able to call on him for some help there...
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

ethand wrote:Haha yeah, I rate it looks much better :)
I also much prefer it to the "nightshade" option so many people go for, as this way, the actual light is still just as bright & easily visible, plus it looks so much more like OEM than a bodgey backyard jobbie ;)
Heh, I did that a long time ago with my OEM orange signals. Same deal, give them the tinted look without putting a shade over the lense, which may cause them to be illegal, but also doesn't affect the light, so they still work at doing their job. There's some cars where people that have tinted their lights and they're not very noticeable. It's more work, but I really liked the results of that as well!

1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
ethand

Post by ethand »

Hey guys, in case any of you are wondering why I suddenly dropped off a few weeks back, its because of full-time uni plus working two jobs. Due to the business of life, I have had to put in some serious boundaries for what I will do in my spare time, and have decided that I really can't afford the time to spend on here at this point in time. I believe I have mentioned that I am going overseas for a student exchange (which will, of course, mean leaving my Presso behind :cry: , but in the safe hands of my dad), which will mean I probably won't be on for about another 18 months or so. I'll try to check back every now & then, but can't say I definitely will be able to.
All the best with your projects, and I'll see you all on the other side of this 18 months of madness. :wink:

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”