Smashmig's 94 b6

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
Smashmig
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Smashmig's 94 b6

Post by Smashmig »

Started with a rigged together mx that i found on craigslist cheap, and immediately fell in love. http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php?id ... 3&aid=5343. After about a year of attempting to fix the mistakes the last guy made, and putting a new transmission in it. I was driving home from work, and was rearended by a cops daughter. Of course the accident was my fault. After 9 monthes of the car being in a police inpound lot this all im left with http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=5 ... 9673&saved
Last edited by Smashmig on February 12th, 2012, 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dragon1212

Re: Josh's 94 b6

Post by Dragon1212 »

Smashmig wrote:Started with a rigged together mx that i found on craigslist cheap, and immediately fell in love. http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php?id ... 3&aid=5343. After about a year of attempting to fix the mistakes the last guy made, and putting a new transmission in it. I was driving home from work, and was rearended by a cops daughter. Of course the accident was my fault. After 9 monthes of the car being in a police inpound lot this all im left with http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=5 ... 9673&saved
Rear ended? your car would have been the proof that she was at fault, you weren't pulling out of a turn or something right? The cop should be fired for pulling strings like that, -(abuse of power)

Anyway Welcome back to the site and Good luck with the MX!

Ps loading images to facebook just kicks you to the login and unless there one of your friends or you have it public they tend not to work, Personally i Recommend imageshack.us, because it provides thumbnails like the ones in my worklog.
Worklog for the Blue One
Worklog for the KLZE
First Car, And My baby... $550 To buy and repair from Write-off... The radio and amp that was in it was worth more than that!!!.
Hunting For a Supra MKIV, but I'll never get one. Still Hunting.
Sisko182

Post by Sisko182 »

Sounds like an idiotic situation. Like Dragon said, a cop pulling strings to save his daughter's a-- is ridiculous. Good luck getting it going again and fixed up.

I also agree about the images thing. Luckily I was logged into facebook and your pics were public so I could see them, but everyone may not have facebook. I use imageshack too.
$i$Ko

Ride:
1992 Midnight Purple MX-3
Worklog:

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=75646

Feedback
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=76781
Smashmig

Post by Smashmig »

Yea its been awhile lost log in info then lost job . Got the rear end pulled out at a local body shop. Replaced all the gaskets in the top end including head gasket now i cant keep it running. If i unplug the mas it will idle but at only 250. Im thinking electrical problems, due to it sitting for 6months and it doesnt have the best seals.headlights and turn signals work but no tail lights or side lights( unless using turn signal). If key is in the on postion and headlights are on there is a loud electrical humming coming from behind the inside fuse box.

I also uploaded some pics of when i bought it and after the rear end was fixed
http://profile.imageshack.us/user/smashmig/
Smashmig

Post by Smashmig »

Got mostly everything done had a stupidity intervention ran a new ground to stop electrical problems. put new gaskets in intake pretty much back to her old self. And i will say she runs pretty good for having 230,000 miles on her
ethand

Post by ethand »

Glad to hear it's back running again... And sorry to hear the story (I know it's a belated response, I did read it back when you first posted up).
Good on you for sticking at it and getting it all working again...
Also, I can't seem to get the link you posted up on Imageshack to work...
'92 JDM Eunos Presso - Zeke
Smashmig

Post by Smashmig »

ethand

Post by ethand »

I think that one links to whoever's account is logged in, so for me, its taking me to my imageshack account!
Smashmig

Post by Smashmig »

Yea i dont know how to use photo bucket.. however you can try this one its my website feel free to join if you like not much on there, but there arent that many people. :lol: http://fixerupers-cars.webs.com/apps/ph ... d=12594322 Good input on the site is always welcome :D
ethand

Post by ethand »

Sheesh, Looks like you've done a fair bit! (Captain Obvious ;) )
I'll keep coming checking out your updates & see what's happening :)
Nice kit on it, by the way - was that on it when you got it? If so, nice score
Smashmig

Post by Smashmig »

yea "nice" the car when i got had a full kit rims custom interior, and i was falsely told it was rebuilt and all it neede was a paint job. the kit may look good but its in terrible condition put on crooked.. Since ive put stock bumpers on but kept the side skirts. I'll keep you all updated
ethand

Post by ethand »

aww geez... that sucks... at least it's in good hands now, good on ya for putting in the hard yards & sticking at it...
Smashmig

Post by Smashmig »

No real update shes been sitting for awhile but since im on here a few questions. Does anyone know an easy way to get motor oil out of the interior carpet, and real inportant im hooking up an af gauge and i cant for the life of me figure out which wire is the sender wire i have two white and one black wires
Smashmig

Re: Smashmig's 94 b6

Post by Smashmig »

Got her running again with help from a new ditsy and ecm from Bumpysbro running really ruff loses all acleration every so often. Cant figure it out.

got a question for anyone that can help. My speedo isnt working all the way it jumps as i acelerate also my gas gauge has ceased to work . ive checked all conections in the dash . Any suggestions?

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”