I wonder how our forum members turned out...

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
SuperK
Supporting Member

Re: I wonder how our forum members turned out...

Post by SuperK »

Are you really overseas gro?

It's really sad that you've been outta MX3's for such a while now... and you still have more posts than I... by a long shot.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
im2bad4ya

Post by im2bad4ya »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:1) friends 2)knowledge 3) bonding with my dad 4) many, many stories and experiences 5) reputation 6) connections 7) jobs 8) a life, oh, and she did get me my Rx-8. Maybe I'm lucky, I got in at a good time and got out at a good time.
one life to live, good reasons. you know what they say, money's only good if you're not dead tomorrow.....or something like that :D

Gro Harlem wrote:O hai...how iz every1 :freak:
back from the dead! :shock:

-1992 MX-3 RS w/BP Swap Tropical Emerald Metallic "Lucky" 2005-2012 *REST IN PIECES*
Worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=78176

-2003.5 MAZDASPEED Protege #882 Blazing Yellow Mica "Lemon Drop" 2012-2015 SOLD!

-2003 MAZDASPEED Protege #1186 Spicy Orange "Debbie" 2014-2015 SOLD!

-1980 Toyota Corolla Green 2014-present

-2002 Lexus IS 300 Solar Yellow 2015-present
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Hi, Gro! Well, this really is a Lazarus thread!
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

Gro!! Hello!! Been a while!
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Hi Gro, ya...I'm still around :lol:
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

gro gro gro ... nice to see you are still alive :) kidding

anyone remember Marshmallow15... that punk that took hundreds from many in the community to make CF hatches.... crazyness so glad I did not get in on that one.

What about Yoda! he was the GOD for years... then there was babyblue...

so many have come and gone. hell ALL OF MX-West... I am takling about the BC guys, Calgary is still nice and strong :)
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

yea I'm TDY at Patch Barracks until July. Driving this baller-a$5 Audi A4 TDI 6-speed wagon, god i wish i could bring it back with me but they don't sell an equiv model in the states for some idiotic reason. i hope they at least offer the new passat wagon as a TDI & in manual form but i doubt it cuz Americans have retarded car taste. "ADERP I WANT GAY LOOKING CROSSOVERS AND SUVS AND SH!T"

Everyone in Europe drives a hatchback or wagon, suv's are considered "high end" and you only see the Mercedes/BMW/Audi variants occasionally & you see the American garbage sometimes near the bases since we are allowed to ship our cars here when deployed.

Stateside i have a tinted/slammed/scion tC rimmed pottyac vibe beater (excellent fvckin car btw....) and scoobydoo wrx stage-4ified with 16g and a bazillion other mods. its stupid fast but kinda clunky to drive with super-sexy exhaust note (but still doesn't beat my old mx3's exhaust :( )
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Hey hey, hate on newer American cars all you want, but hand me a '68-70 Charger any day. I'd tolerate pretty much any 2 door Muscle from that era...
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

Josh wrote: hell ALL OF MX-West... I am takling about the BC guys, Calgary is still nice and strong :)
w00t, go Calgary!

Although I have not been to a meet since mazda in the mountains 08'
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

I remember babyblue! Yoda was a bit before my time. he was just becoming inactive when I joined. Oh man, I wish he was still around though. Total respect for that guy's knowledge.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
petiec

Post by petiec »

im 37 years old and still not even thinking of getting rid of my car. i remember the days l would see 3 or 4 mx3s on the road a day. Now l would be happy to see 3 or 4 a year.
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

MrMazda92 wrote:Hey hey, hate on newer American cars all you want, but hand me a '68-70 Charger any day. I'd tolerate pretty much any 2 door Muscle from that era...
i don't hate American cars, i hate SUV's and trucks and useless crossover vehicles that further solidify the worlds viewpoint that "America wastes the worlds resources".

Muscle cars over here get more attention than any exotic car. You see Porsche's as much as you see camry's stateside & seeing lambos or ferrari's isn't that uncommon. But seeing restored American muscle turns heads like no other. One of the guys i hang out with imported his orange Challenger (new one) and we get tons of attention when rolling through towns.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

Gro Harlem wrote:
i don't hate American cars, i hate SUV's and trucks and useless crossover vehicles that further solidify the worlds viewpoint that "America wastes the worlds resources".

I often get frustrated driving to work and I literally am surrounded by large trucks and suv's, all empty, all with one driver, all clean as a whistle inside. Truly wasteful, indeed.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
ethand
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by ethand »

Gro Harlem wrote:i don't hate American cars, i hate SUV's and trucks and useless crossover vehicles that further solidify the worlds viewpoint that "America wastes the worlds resources".
This is an extremely valid point!! Speaking from the perspective of an "outsider", many see "Yank Tanks" as a useless, gross waste of resources both in building, but also with how much petrol they guzzle. That said, Australia is hardly much better! We also have tons of SUVs with only one person driving them, and the biggest 4x4s are usually owned by families with only one kid. Its like they think that as soon as they have one kid, they need a fricking truck as a safety barrier - who needs an 8-seater Land Rover for one 6 month old baby?!?! My parents managed to pack us (5) kids & all our crap into a Ford Falcon Station wagon, with two seats installed in the boot, facing out the rear window!! Haha
[/rant] haha
'92 JDM Eunos Presso - Zeke
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

I agree about SUVs and Trucks... they have a purpose, and those who drive them because "Men drive a Truck, so I must be a man!" crap... Almost as bad as the 16 year old city girl who's handed the keys to a brand new pickup, so she can take her friends to the mall on weekends.

If you need a truck, drive a truck. If you don't, don't. Why drive around getting 8 MPG so you can imagine your balls hang lower than the guy in the car next to you? Ya know what I mean? :lol:
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”