Rekognize 1995 RS - BP, Rear Disc Swap

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
rekognize

Re: Rekognize 1995 RS - BP, Rear Disc Swap

Post by rekognize »

It works with both SS or OE
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

Thank you VERY much!!

I'm shocked you subscribed to your own worklog, that's ingenious! I'm grateful that you came back to answer this. :D

As far as the ShortThrow guys go, the pattern of shift is the same, we just likely won't get it all the way into the slots, depending on throw length. I'm running a VERY short shift atm, it's actually stiffer than I like to be honest. PaceSetter STS with a drilled stock knob, 3rd to 4th is barely 2" and my shifter is only adjusted partially down... I could get within 1.25" territory, if I wanted to break my wrist shifting. :lol:

I'm thinking I want this on one car for sure, possibly on both, depending on Megan's thoughts... She likes to drop change in the shift boot, so it's a maybe for her.

Rekognize, could you describe the back of the gate by any chance? I'm wondering how the (plastic?) piece in the center travels side to side and fore to back, while keeping debris out. I would guess that the steel plate has 2 layers, and that the (plastic?) portion slides smoothly in between these layers. Am I far off the truth?

Thanks again man, I mean it.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
rekognize

Post by rekognize »

The black piece in the middle is just a piece of rubber. I don't think there's room for a solid plastic piece to move around.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

Alright, that works :P

In that case, does the rubber tend to sag after a while? I guess I'm wondering how well it keeps debris(change, food mess, anything really) out of your shifter assembly. It's a great idea, I just want to hammer out the details before I spring for it. :D
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”