Removed rear wiper

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
WhiteFinish

Removed rear wiper

Post by WhiteFinish »

Hi Guys,

I've removed my rear wiper because I never use it and I like the looks better without it.
To plug the hole I got a cap in at my local carparts store.

The only thing is, the plastic that is normally on the inside of the hatch, and attached to the motor of the rear wiper can't be placed now.

(obviously because the motor is gone and there are no more mounting points)

Anybody good idea's on how to solve this ? (as in, placing the plastic)
Just another Mx3 freak :)

Feedback topic: Click

Worklog
Worklog click
Josh
Supporting Member

Re: Removed rear wiper

Post by Josh »

Yeah, go get some plastics from an RS :)

I was thinking about this too. with the design of the MX almost no water ever even hits the rear glass. kind of pointless IMO to have the rear wiper
WhiteFinish

Post by WhiteFinish »

Our RS versions also have a rear wiper ;)

Worklog
Worklog click
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

you might need someone from the states to get some of the plastics for you and ship them out to you, i think the states was the only place with no rear wiper cause canadian RS's also have rear wipers.
i personally like the rear wiper but i do agree it is pretty useless as speed gets rid of the water on the hatch and i wash the car often enough i don't need it clean with the wiper, that and my rear sprayer doesn't work XD
mxmikey
antispam: No

Post by mxmikey »

I just used 3M double sided mounting tape and cut where it just touches the top of the plastic and it sticks to the window.
93 GS/SE
tumble
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by tumble »

Just for the record, my rear sprayer doesn't work either. It's the only broken thing on the whole car.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

For what it's worth I removed my front and rear reservoirs, "piping" and all. The rear is a joke, and if I have anything worth cleaning off the windshield I pull over anyways. :shrug:

I could snag the stuff off of the RS in my local yard, but shipping would be a killer for you. A Canadian who already swapped may be a better option...

I do use the rear wiper quite a bit though.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

I loved the rear wiper in the Mx-3, especially since it has a pulse function, but at highway speeds it's true, it didn't accumulate anything. The 626 and the Xterra both had it but no pulse, and the X could REALLY use it, it really gets covered up with snow. The 04's do, so I just gotta figure out how to do a conversion on it.

The rear spray was useless, but I really wanted to put in a high pressure pump to use it to squirt cars behind me, but never got around to it, would be awesome tho, heh...
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:The rear spray was useless, but I really wanted to put in a high pressure pump to use it to squirt cars behind me, but never got around to it, would be awesome tho, heh...
That's the best idea i've ever heard, i'm so on it!
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Evo_Spec wrote:
Nd4SpdSe wrote:The rear spray was useless, but I really wanted to put in a high pressure pump to use it to squirt cars behind me, but never got around to it, would be awesome tho, heh...
Got the idea from after putting in my hood nozzles into the wiper cowel (CF hood) but they sprayed the top of the windshield, so for the fun I rotated them sideways and they have a good 4-6ft spray, was great, lol.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:
Evo_Spec wrote:
Got the idea from after putting in my hood nozzles into the wiper cowel (CF hood) but they sprayed the top of the windshield, so for the fun I rotated them sideways and they have a good 4-6ft spray, was great, lol.
lol, did you spray pedestrians? XD
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Tried, couldn't quite reach them. Worked better to spray cars stopped beside you at the light :mrgreen:
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

How about filling them with De-Icer and having a good time with that? Useless unless you first flip your wipers up, since you'll just ruin the blades, but different. 8)
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

or you relocate the rear squirter to the underside of the rear licensplate and fill it full of brake fluid and use it on people who like to tailgate. :shrug:
WhiteFinish

Post by WhiteFinish »

Some pictures (on request)

Saved weight

I got the cap at a local car parts store. Just find a little cap that can close the hole.

Worklog
Worklog click

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”