Fast blinker

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
Daninski
Supporting Member

Re: Fast blinker

Post by Daninski »

Man I can so relate to this thread. I thought I had a fast blinker then I realized I'd developed a rapid eye twitch. That bugger would just go and of course my head would lean to one side putting a little body english into the twitch. It was the damndest thing. :roll:
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Thassodar

Post by Thassodar »

Thassodar wrote:Sorry to bring up a old thread but I figured it'd be better than making a completely new one for the same problem.

My left blinker blinks rapidly and works intermittently. I had to replace the relay for my running lights about 6 months ago and after changing all the bulbs I'm thinking it may be the relay for this as well.

My question is: Where is the relay? Is it in the same bundle of relays the running lights were on? If I could find it I would have changed it already. Thanks for any help!
Going to quote and repost because it got knocked to page 1 due to Dan's antics :lol:
Hey-yo chicken on a raft.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

What I did is I took flasher relay off and I cut one of the legs off of resistors, I forgot which one. I found how to do it on here somewhere, I'm trying to find thread....
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

I fixed mine by cleaning a corroded socket. Anything that changes the total load of the circuit will affect how fast the relay opens and closes. When a bulb burns out the whole circuit gets cut in half so the same amount of current is passing through one bulb instead of two. I think the corrosion causes a poor connection and even though the bulb still gets enough current to light up, there is a lot less current that usual in that branch of the circuit.

I'm not the greatest with electricity but it's basic Ohm's law. Anyway I cleaned all my signal light bulb sockets with a little wire brush and the problem stopped.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Mi|<E

Post by Mi|<E »

mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

yep, that's the one. It worked for me. It should be stickied for further reference.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

just to comfirm, the flasher relay is behind the fuse box with all the relays in the driver footwell right?
ninjajim4

Post by ninjajim4 »

no, its under the steering column somewhere, on right hand side, i believe, closer to the gas pedal
Jimbo1177

Post by Jimbo1177 »

Reviving an old thread, but this looked like the best place to post this. A couple days after picking up my new MX-3, the right side blinkers stopped working. All I got was a rapid clicking noise. I still had normal function with the left (driver) side. I thought I had a burnt out bulb. Tried replacing the bulbs with no luck. Determined the Flasher was bad. Not sure how many other issues replacing the flasher would resolve, but if changing bulbs doesn't work, it's worth trying the flasher. I pulled several flashers out of early to mid 90s 626s in a junkyard. They were $3 a piece. I came across grey ones like in the pictures below as well as yellowish ones. Both had the same model number and both worked fine, so don't let the color throw you off if the numbers match.

This is what it looks like. It's located in the driver foot well to the left of the clutch pedal. I don't have a pic of where it hangs, but I can get one if someone would find that helpful.

mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

Great reference.

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”