kulluminati777 - 1993 マツダスピード MX-3 You will be missed

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
RobMinhas
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: kulluminati777's 1993 Unofficial mazdaspeed mx-3

Post by RobMinhas »

Damn man, those are the nicest winter rims I've seen on an MX3 hahaha. Those Summers are much too chrome fro my liking but alas, that choice is all up to you.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

can't wait to see them on the car! 8)
im2bad4ya

Post by im2bad4ya »

You're using the Mazdaspeed rims as your WINTER tires?? :cry:

slimas has a point, I generally don't like chrome on any type of Japanese car, chrome was made for AMERICAN cars, pre 1980's.......but looking at your tires, it reminds me of a toyota AE92 I saw with chrome rims and that same low profile tire look.......your pics don't do justice, with that low of a profile tire, chrome is ok.

still can't believe you're using your mazdaspeed rims for WINTER!! :crying:

Nice job, drop the car a few inches, it'll look so good 8)

-1992 MX-3 RS w/BP Swap Tropical Emerald Metallic "Lucky" 2005-2012 *REST IN PIECES*
Worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=78176

-2003.5 MAZDASPEED Protege #882 Blazing Yellow Mica "Lemon Drop" 2012-2015 SOLD!

-2003 MAZDASPEED Protege #1186 Spicy Orange "Debbie" 2014-2015 SOLD!

-1980 Toyota Corolla Green 2014-present

-2002 Lexus IS 300 Solar Yellow 2015-present
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

slimas wrote:Nice MX-3 :) Few notes though - chromed rims does not look good at all on MX-3. You need some serious drop, because it looks like a carriage, and for the spoiler - too big :) really, stick with the stock, simple spoiler. Looks really nice and gives the MX-3 it's needed sleek look ;)

i do need to drop that is for sure...but the chrome im sorry guys i know the mx3 isnt THAT kind of car but a kid like me growing up where im from chrome is all the rave lol...and i hated the spoiler when i first had seen it now any mx3 without one looks odd to me kind of like when u see wrx's or lancer with no wing.....
RobMinhas wrote:Damn man, those are the nicest winter rims I've seen on an MX3 hahaha. Those Summers are much too chrome fro my liking but alas, that choice is all up to you.
haha thanks rob
Mooneggs wrote:can't wait to see them on the car! 8)

Yo moon ill buy your center caps for $200 right now :mrgreen:
im2bad4ya wrote:You're using the Mazdaspeed rims as your WINTER tires?? :cry:

slimas has a point, I generally don't like chrome on any type of Japanese car, chrome was made for AMERICAN cars, pre 1980's.......but looking at your tires, it reminds me of a toyota AE92 I saw with chrome rims and that same low profile tire look.......your pics don't do justice, with that low of a profile tire, chrome is ok.

still can't believe you're using your mazdaspeed rims for WINTER!! :crying:

Nice job, drop the car a few inches, it'll look so good 8)

When i get a ZE they will also be my racing rims as well as winter wheels...i plan on going to nurnburg ring this summer so i will use these on the track...

but yeah i bet i have the most hated mx3 on the website because of my rims but most people who dont like them are over the age of 25 and dont listen to hiphop....

i been polishing the lips of them but it is taking SOOO LONG!...Does anyone maybe have tips?
Last edited by kulluminati777 on March 10th, 2013, 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
im2bad4ya

Post by im2bad4ya »

i bet i have the most hated mx3 on the website because of my rims but most people who dont like them are over the age of 25 and dont listen to hiphop....
For the record, I'm 27, grew up listening to hip-hop (NYC/West Coast rap) and I currently work at a recording studio mainly recording rappers!! :pimp:

The only association I can see with chrome and hip-hop is corny a-- whack Southern 'rap'

BTW, the only Mazda to get love in the hip-hop community is the MPV, anyone who listens to Wu-Tang will tell you that. :laugh: BONG BONG!

-1992 MX-3 RS w/BP Swap Tropical Emerald Metallic "Lucky" 2005-2012 *REST IN PIECES*
Worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=78176

-2003.5 MAZDASPEED Protege #882 Blazing Yellow Mica "Lemon Drop" 2012-2015 SOLD!

-2003 MAZDASPEED Protege #1186 Spicy Orange "Debbie" 2014-2015 SOLD!

-1980 Toyota Corolla Green 2014-present

-2002 Lexus IS 300 Solar Yellow 2015-present
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

I'm 18 years old and listen to hip hop.....Chrome seems a little dead to me.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
JayoM

Post by JayoM »

I think the car would look a million times better without the bonnet scoop and big alloys. I just think they're really outdated.

Nice job on the rest of the car though. Those MS01s look great, I'm on the hunt for caps too - impossible! Very impressed with the RSX rear splitter, where did you get that from?
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

im2bad4ya wrote:
i bet i have the most hated mx3 on the website because of my rims but most people who dont like them are over the age of 25 and dont listen to hiphop....
For the record, I'm 27, grew up listening to hip-hop (NYC/West Coast rap) and I currently work at a recording studio mainly recording rappers!! :pimp:

The only association I can see with chrome and hip-hop is corny a-- whack Southern 'rap'

BTW, the only Mazda to get love in the hip-hop community is the MPV, anyone who listens to Wu-Tang will tell you that. :laugh: BONG BONG!

lmfao my bad and i love the wu tang reference!

RobMinhas wrote:I'm 18 years old and listen to hip hop.....Chrome seems a little dead to me.

your all gonna hate me when you find out i am polishing the lip on the MS wheels so they are chrome but hte wheel will still be silver
JayoM wrote:I think the car would look a million times better without the bonnet scoop and big alloys. I just think they're really outdated.

i plan on getting the hood molded this summer when i get the car painted...i really dont know any people who do body work over here. Yeah the rims are hard to find but the caps are like you said IMPOSSIBLE i dont think i will ever find them :(

and the rear yeah its from fleabay i just painted it and cut the ends and put it on when i find someone to do the hood im going to get them so do the corners of the lip where it doesnt fit quite right....
ethand

Post by ethand »

Sure, chrome has limited applications where it works, but I think that this is one example of where it works well - I'm a bit of a fan of these wheels on this car!
Congrats on getting the MS wheels, too! With regards to polishing, I've found a product called "Autosol" to be the absolute best thing I've used for polishing chrome. It's also great for polishing your headlights, amoung other things, too :)
Strangely, it seems, I also love the bonnet scoop on this car - its the first time I've seen a bonnet scoop on an MX3, and I rate it kinda works with the rest of the mods he has on the car... could just be me, though... :shrug:
'92 JDM Eunos Presso - Zeke
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

ethand wrote:Sure, chrome has limited applications where it works, but I think that this is one example of where it works well - I'm a bit of a fan of these wheels on this car!
Congrats on getting the MS wheels, too! With regards to polishing, I've found a product called "Autosol" to be the absolute best thing I've used for polishing chrome. It's also great for polishing your headlights, amoung other things, too :)
Strangely, it seems, I also love the bonnet scoop on this car - its the first time I've seen a bonnet scoop on an MX3, and I rate it kinda works with the rest of the mods he has on the car... could just be me, though... :shrug:

thanks ethand and because of u i located the wing and wheels....yeah i admit i need to get lower but i havent had any time to put my coilovers on yet so i just been riding stock, that and it rains like EVERYDAY in germany. but yeah i think people forget that they also have there own mx-3s on the website and they do to theres what they want thats what car tuning is all about INDIVIDUALITY, if i started to be so negative about other peoples beat down mx-3's on this site alot of feelings would be hurt because theres maybe 7 (not all original mx-3's) mx-3's on this site that even look good IMO and mine ethand moonegges josh and nd4spd are the only ones that come to mind lol :mrgreen: theres few who like the chrome i LOVE it but i only have it in the summer and i notice i turn more heads when im sparkling down the avenue then i do with my stock GS rims, but hopefully i can do the same with my MS-01's :mrgreen:
ethand

Post by ethand »

Haha good to hear that link to AstinaGT helped you out ;)
I've gotten a few things from Rupe on there too, but mostly just replacement parts - because my car's a Jap import, I can't replace everything directly with Aussie parts, some things have to be from a Eunos Presso :(
Glad you like your car as much as I do, and I look forward to seeing those MS-01's all shined & fitted! :D
'92 JDM Eunos Presso - Zeke
youdirtyfox
antispam: No

Post by youdirtyfox »

Nice rims and good tyre size choice ;)
For a final shine on the lip try candle wax and buff with a soft cloth,
its what I use to bring up alu spinnings on a lathe, of course alot easier whilst spinning to polish> get them to
a machine shop to do if youve had enough of the old elbow grease!

Look forward to seeing them on and slam that b---- aswell for full effect 8)
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

thanks fox i will try the candle wax thing, i have one lip almost and i been buffing it to a mirror shine for 2 days, i thought it was going to come out like the original aluminum shine but now the lip looks chrome

But i also heard if you dont use a clear coat or something over it after you buff the shine will be gone...had anyone heard that before?
youdirtyfox
antispam: No

Post by youdirtyfox »

Yes you will want to have them clearcoated after for sure to preserve them...and please dont use a rattle can :wink:
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

haha knowing me i WOULD of used a rattle can...are they not good at all?

I just ask because i already dont know german but finding guys to do stuff over here is hard as a rock to do...

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”