KLZE defroster not working and out of province

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
denisizzle
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

KLZE defroster not working and out of province

Post by denisizzle »

Hey guys,

I'm looking to get an out of province inspection on my klze (I live in Edmonton the car is from saskatoon). Currently I'm thinking the only things stopping it from passing is:

- Aftermarket adjustable coil overs (I have full stock suspension if it's necessary to change it)
- aftermarket exhaust (I can get a stock muffler)
- defroster is not working (the terminals seem fine, where do I find the relay?)

So my question is will these things stop me from passing an out of province? Also my trim is a little loose on the doors (it clips back on but doesn't hold too long).

Thanks in advance!
wytbishop

Re: KLZE defroster not working and out of province

Post by wytbishop »

Just having aftermarket parts won't be an issue. The only issues are ones that make the car unsafe or unroadworthy. The exhaust and the suspension aren't an issue as long as things are in good condition.

The rear defroster could concievably come into play but honestly I would be shocked if they even looked inside the car. It's Alberta. You're basically paying $125 for a signature.

Does it have good brakes? tires? steering is tight? no cracks in the windshield? lighting all works? no structural rust problems? ...you're good.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
denisizzle

Post by denisizzle »

It's a really clean car and everything is in good condition but when I got my muffler welded on the guy told me that if it's modified for "sound or performance" that would cause an issue. I will take it to get the inspection and see how it turns out I guess.
denisizzle

Post by denisizzle »

If anything I'd like to get the defroster fixed anyways cause in this weather my back window is always frosted. I'll post up some pictures but I have no idea what I'm looking for (I checked the manual and still can't locate the relay).
denisizzle

Post by denisizzle »

I found a relay (second away from you when sitting in the driver seat). The connector was burned but the inside looked ok. It had 4 wires so am I correct in assuming this is the defrost relay? I'm going to get a new one and a new connector and see how it goes.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Yes that is the one. It's common for them to burn up. I have replaced a couple. That will most likely solve your problem.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
denisizzle

Post by denisizzle »

Yep it did so I decided to run a compression test and the f---ing tester snapped and the end of it is stuck in there. Is there any way I can get it out or do I bring it to a mechanic?
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

go to princess auto and get a set of EZ Outs. It shouldn't be very tight in the head.
My Worklog
My feedback thread

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”