The "Quick Question" Thread

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
RobMinhas
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: The "Quick Question" Thread

Post by RobMinhas »

Ryan wrote:There's an actuator in the passenger door, and a sensor on the driver's side lock. It just relays the information, and the passenger side copies exactly what the drivers side does. It doesn't sense position, it senses change in position, so if you locked it with your new FOB while the passenger door was open, and then someone closes the passenger door, you'd have to hit unlock, then lock again to get it to lock the passenger.
So essentially, if I install an actuator in the drivers side, so long as both doors are shut, I'll be able to lock and unlock them both?

Thanks for the info on the locks, I always thought they were just magical haha

EDIT: And one more thing, I could go down to my wrecker and take an actuator from a MX3 passenger side door then, right? :D
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Uh no, not really. The wireless kit you buy will probably have two actuators anyway.... and you need to module that receives the wireless signal. Also, you'd need a mirror'd unit to fit in the driver's door, the passenger one won't fit.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
wagZE

Post by wagZE »

Yes when adding keyless entry in these vehicles you need only one actuator; on the driver door. Same as mx-6's 240sx's list goes on. wire up 2 relays for addiding aftermarket actuators from your alarm. Check out the12volt.com for the info you will need (vehicle wiring for what wires to tap in your car) & relay wiring for how to go about adding keyless entry. GL
1 mx6 88 LX auto 2.2l 4cyl
2 mx6 93 LS saved from junkyard SOLD
3 Mx6 96 M edition blow a ze part it
4 Mx6 96 gold LS paint n lights auto SOLD
5 mx6 red fresh paint clean, sold
1 mx3 92rs sohc auto rota c8s h&r
2 mx3 93 gsze bought w/ mods
3 mx3 93 GSze mtx swp act stg3 str8 nek im eibach kl36
4 mx3 GS SOLD-
6 mx3 white gs jdm swap'd SOLD
*5th mx3 blk GS clean title modded DD*
1 PGT 97 blk, garaged clean sold
2 pgt primered 5 spd KL SOLD
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Anyone know if 94-98 Mazda Protege Struts fill fit on an mx3? The ones in question are here: http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicle ... Z323982821
The price seems decent so I'm considering upgrading my struts after getting a hold of some springs.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

struts yes, strut tops, looks like a no. To know for sure get the model numbers off of him and check it on KYB's site.

Best to get something with a damping rate designed for your application though... then again you'd probably never notice.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Ryan wrote:struts yes, strut tops, looks like a no. To know for sure get the model numbers off of him and check it on KYB's site.

Best to get something with a damping rate designed for your application though... then again you'd probably never notice.
Hmm, I would prefer a coil over set that's designed specifically for my car so I think I'll wait till I can find a good price on a set.
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Also do you guys know if a boss kit without the black "shroud" around it will still work fine? Just curious as Shayne gave me his old one and it's missing the shroud, my plan was to find a shroud from a different boss kit at a junkyard or something but if that ends up being fruitless I'm wondering if I'm still good to use it.
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

RobMinhas wrote:Also do you guys know if a boss kit without the black "shroud" around it will still work fine? Just curious as Shayne gave me his old one and it's missing the shroud, my plan was to find a shroud from a different boss kit at a junkyard or something but if that ends up being fruitless I'm wondering if I'm still good to use it.
yes it will.
all it is, is to look pretty, other than that it's really nothing. You could make something with PVC piping or something along that line

this is kind of how it looked when i bought it, the piece would just slide up and down to adjust

maybe that gives you some kind of idea how it should be
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Evo_Spec wrote:
RobMinhas wrote:Also do you guys know if a boss kit without the black "shroud" around it will still work fine? Just curious as Shayne gave me his old one and it's missing the shroud, my plan was to find a shroud from a different boss kit at a junkyard or something but if that ends up being fruitless I'm wondering if I'm still good to use it.
yes it will.
all it is, is to look pretty, other than that it's really nothing. You could make something with PVC piping or something along that line

this is kind of how it looked when i bought it, the piece would just slide up and down to adjust

maybe that gives you some kind of idea how it should be
Gotcha.

I'd like to make it look a little nicer if I could, so I'm gonna try to get one. Either way it should work out good thanks to you man.

And I looked into installing that intake you hooked me up with, I got a bolt to stuff the extra hole so I'm set there. Had some difficulty finding couplers to fit, although I only checked Rona because that was the only place I could stop at ahaha. I'm gonna check out some auto specific stores for the couplers, got any recommendations? I'm also hitting up pick n pull and another wrecker on 52nd, you needing anything from there while i'm down there?
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

RobMinhas wrote:And I looked into installing that intake you hooked me up with, I got a bolt to stuff the extra hole so I'm set there. Had some difficulty finding couplers to fit, although I only checked Rona because that was the only place I could stop at ahaha. I'm gonna check out some auto specific stores for the couplers, got any recommendations? I'm also hitting up pick n pull and another wrecker on 52nd, you needing anything from there while i'm down there?
mopac has a good selection of couplers, lil pricey but they're good vibrant couplers.
and i can't really think of any parts i want at pnp prices XD
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Not even a black hood? :D
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

RobMinhas wrote:Not even a black hood? :D
lol if you wanna fit it in your MX then sure =D
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Evo_Spec wrote:
RobMinhas wrote:Not even a black hood? :D
lol if you wanna fit it in your MX then sure =D
If it's there, and you want it, I'll bring it home, that's a guarantee haha
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Can anyone help me find a link to change an alternator belt? I've never changed one before and I'm gonna try mine tomorrow.
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

RobMinhas wrote:Can anyone help me find a link to change an alternator belt? I've never changed one before and I'm gonna try mine tomorrow.
just come over, i'll help you

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”