Turbo kit, any good?

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
DaMN

Turbo kit, any good?

Post by DaMN »

Hey, I'm owner of mx-3 '94 with KLZE engine.
I was thinking about turbo for my car.
I saw most of you don't like turbo kits that sells on eBay.

I just want to low boost this engine in the begining, later I'll buy stand alone ecu and boost higher.
Are all turbo kits not good? there isn't even 1 kit that worth buying?

(I've tried to search but "turbo kit" are ignored in search and rade all I could find in this forum about it)

Thanks.
RS_OBD'oh_2

Re: Turbo kit, any good?

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

when it comes to car parts, you get what you pay for. There is no point buying crap parts/knock-offs etc. The cost of a good turbo alone is more than the price of a full ebay kit. We've debated this over and over again. Personally, I would never buy and turbo, bov etc with out a trusted brand name.
DaMN

Post by DaMN »

Thanks for the honest answer.
Well, guess I don't have much choise other then start buying parts.

Thank you.
xSocialx

Post by xSocialx »

RS_OBD'oh_2 wrote:when it comes to car parts, you get what you pay for.
X1 Go for trusted brand names. Why do if it isn't proper?
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

full ebay parts running for over 3 years. Its a never ending debate. Sure, a brand name is always better but there is NO WAY IN HELL that I am spending 700 dllrs on a garrett turbo on a car that costed e 1000 dllrs and isnt even worth that anymore. Just my to cents lol

check out my videos under hgallegos915

I even made a video on how to get ebay turbos to work, well of the pressure regulator.

As a side note, I had a genuine garrett turbo which when I opened to replace the oil seals with genuine parts was the same internally as an ebay turbo.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!

Return to “Forced Induction”