WEAK spark after failed megasquirt install reverted to stock

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
hgallegos915

WEAK spark after failed megasquirt install reverted to stock

Post by hgallegos915 »

So I was unable to get spark.. swapped back to stock wiring and ECU and I have fuel and spark but spark is way to weak. You can barely see it and doesnt seem to be enough to ignite. The engine flooded and pistons were flushed out. Removed the fuel from cylinders and same thing. Weak spark.

Replaced coil, and weak spark. Battery was fauly but installed a good battery and same thing.

Have yet to replace the crank sensor, camshaft sensor and HEI. I suspect a bad HEI? I made sure its grounded and no go. Tried a different ECU and that different ECU does not power on the fuel pump.

Spark plugs were take out and cleaned.

So this is where I am at right now. I am quite embarrassed since I usually know my mx3 stuff.

Car was working perfectly fine before my failed megasquirt install.

I will be trying out a whole other disty and ill buy a new hei considering mine is around 2 years old and they are cheap.

SOMEONE HELP PLEASE! :/
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
WhiteFinish

Re: WEAK spark after failed megasquirt install reverted to s

Post by WhiteFinish »

A local member here had some troubels with his relay. Check the fuel relay as well.
Just another Mx3 freak :)

Feedback topic: Click

Worklog
Worklog click
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Relay is working fine. The engine was flooded. pistons look clear now because of excess flood.

The spark is just to weak.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

What have you tried swapping? Tried the coil? So you're getting spark at normal intervals just not strong enough? Were you messing with any grounds during install?
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Not that I can remmeber . I wireed everything back up. changed coil, havent changed hei yet but it does have ground and power to it.

I swapped ECU also. Next in line to be swapped is HEI , camshaft position sensor and crankshaft sensor. I mean what else is there to change? o.0
-hec

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”