Body kits for mx3

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
ftawizard
antispam: No

Body kits for mx3

Post by ftawizard »

Does a rear bumper for a 95 fit on a 96? I was basically given a body kit rear bumper and it don't seem to fit right
No I don't know what kind it is
Evo_Spec

Re: Body kits for mx3

Post by Evo_Spec »

all the bumpers are the same across all years
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

Post a picture of it. It's aftermarket bumper cover (fiberglass I presume) so I would be surprised if it just bolted right up on the car without any work needed.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
ftawizard

Post by ftawizard »

Ok i just have to figure out how to post it thru my iPhone
But more or less where the trunk closes u can definitely see where the bumper ends
ftawizard

Post by ftawizard »

Ok it up like I was saying I know it ain't suppose to fit like this
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

This is why companies that produce these kits strongly suggest professional installation. You probably have to modify things a bit to get that bumper to fit properly. See what you can do to get that puppy raised up. Be creative, I used a plastic bread board cut into strips to shim and straighten up the bumper on my 96. :D
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

I bet it fits just fine. You have something misaligned. I've seen some really poor quality body kits but I've never seen one that far out of alignment. I had my bumper off several times this summer and it can be a bit of a whoooer to get it all lined up.

Take it off and have a carefull look for where it's hung up. It's definitely not on there right.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
ftawizard

Post by ftawizard »

ok so i had to pull it off and then use a heat gun and mold it back to where it should be ..... i dunno if i poste or not the reason i got it free was it was on a car that got rearended and it was totaled it was littererally in 3 pieces so i got it better and stronger then before ..... anyways i used a heat gun and some propane heaters and heated the damn thing up good and hot and molded it back into place and she fits perfect thanks guys for ur help ..... i knew that 92-96 was all the same bumpers just alot of sites confused me by saying that 92-95 were the same and that if i wanted a 96 bumper it was a different model and style but anyways yeah thanks she fits like a glove much appreciated for ur guys help
cheers

Return to “Appearance”