Letters11 - 1995 MX3 1.6

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
Letters11
antispam: No

Re: Letters11 - 1995 MX3 1.6

Post by Letters11 »

Small Update. The plastic metal on the front lip didnt hold up too well to the pavers in the lip of my driveway so the lip is off the car now, curing with Plumbers GOOP. I used this on my aluminum rowboat and it held very very well so hopefully this will hol just as good.

Also, installed a short shifter in my car. I did not use the correct bushings, couldnt find any, so i went to Lowes and bought nylon ones and put them in there. It shifts a little harder than normal, realizing thats hows its going to be no matter what, but I think it'll be alright with how it is set up now.

New tires on the winter rims and Pirelli P 7's on for the spring!

Will need a new cat pretty soon, i think this one is rotting from the inside out??? Any suggestion on what to get? A little tone would be nice but im not too worried. Definitely trying to keep my stock piping, although im sure i will need a complete exhaust system by next winter. Instead of replacing piece by piece, whats my best option for the money? Thanks guys and gals
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

I have repaired a couple oe lips, one good tactic is to use a two part epoxy and use some sort of screen mesh to help strengthen the repair. I use fiberglass mesh for drywall it comes in a 2" wide roll and works great, or window screen material will work great too.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Great tip on the Bondo product!!! I'll be picking a tube up when I can make it to the store. I'll probably go to Target though, I have a big beef with Wally-World :lol:
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Smashmig
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Smashmig »

great car. :) How much did you pay for those motegi rims/ my car had them on it when i bought it, guy said he paid 700 I know he was blowwing smoke but never knew real price
Letters11

Post by Letters11 »

Smashmig wrote:great car. :) How much did you pay for those motegi rims/ my car had them on it when i bought it, guy said he paid 700 I know he was blowwing smoke but never knew real price
I paid $125 for the rims with the neo gen tires on them. I thought it was a good deal :D
MrMazda92 wrote:Great tip on the Bondo product!!! I'll be picking a tube up when I can make it to the store. I'll probably go to Target though, I have a big beef with Wally-World :lol:
Ut oh!! What happened?! :lol:

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”