DIY Autotune PNP ECU for V6?

A section dedicated to Engine Mangement Systems & Engine Tuning. Megasquirt, SMS, Haltek, ect.
war_spider

DIY Autotune PNP ECU for V6?

Post by war_spider »

hello,

found nothing special at the search :?

does the V6 is really compatible with the DIY Autotune ECU? Miata 4cyl ok but the same ECU for the V6?
-> http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/diyp ... p-384.html

someone bought one of these and its running?
-= loud pipes save lifes =-

KL-ZE inside!
Nd4SpdSe

Re: DIY Autotune PNP ECU for V6?

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Also known as "Megasquirt"
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

They're just selling technology that's been around for a long time. The difference with them, for a price, they will assemble a computer that you can plug your standard engine harness into just like stock. You would only have to run a couple of wires.

When you build a Megasquirt computer yourself you have to assemble the ECU and wire in all the inputs yourself...not so bad, but lots of people are willing to pay someone to make a plug and play unit.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
RedAutobotMX3
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by RedAutobotMX3 »

So this has the potential of Megasquirt, but its all ready to go, just swap out the ecu and ground it out?
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

RedAutobotMX3 wrote:So this has the potential of Megasquirt
That IS Megasquirt
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Ya see...what they do is...they take one of them there MegaSquirt kits...and then they buy themselves a Nippon Denso female harness plug that matches the Mazda wire harness...see...and they assemble it so's you can remove your stock ECU...and plug in the MS ECU...and it'll just, work. Provided of course that you's have installed the appropriate IAT sensor and such like.

Proven technology with slightly more convenient packaging.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

wytbishop does redneck. Never thought I'd live to see that. :D

You just have to make sure you have a cam sensor in your disty. Megasquirt uses that. Our 92-93s have them, not sure on 94, 95-96 no cam sensor so. If you don't have a disty with a cam sensor you need to get one and swap it for yours being careful that the 3 wire plug wires are in the proper order at the disty. (see HEI mod in FAQ section)
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

HMMM I wonder if that wiring connector is ONLY compatible with their megasquirt or if it will work with the one I got from shadowme..
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

Daninski wrote:wytbishop does redneck. Never thought I'd live to see that. :D

You just have to make sure you have a cam sensor in your disty. Megasquirt uses that. Our 92-93s have them, not sure on 94, 95-96 no cam sensor so. If you don't have a disty with a cam sensor you need to get one and swap it for yours being careful that the 3 wire plug wires are in the proper order at the disty. (see HEI mod in FAQ section)
Or get a 36-1 626 crank pulley (and coilpacks and bin that POS disty :D)
Or grind a tooth off your stock pulley
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

The connector they wire into the MS unit is just the same connector that Mazda uses to make the stock ECU. To use it with your homemade MS unit you would just have to kwow what wires go to which terminals and wire it in.
My Worklog
My feedback thread

Return to “Engine Electronics/Tuning”