[FS] '94 GS

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
Whisper

[FS] '94 GS

Post by Whisper »

Ok, so someone needs to save my car, because I have no time to work on it and no garage space to keep it (it is now occupied by an RX-7 project). Between the 7 and the daily, I don't really drive the MX-3 any more. It has not rusted away yet, but it's been sitting outside and so it probably will.

I'm not much of a project guy, I mostly like to drive and this car has been DRIVEN - I took it to lapping days at PR for several years and raced the crap out of it (and it was sooooo fun), but it still runs pretty strong. I saw no point in owning something like this and not putting it to proper use. I don't care much for tuning, so I kept it basic. There's a KL-ZE with MX-6 VAF and ECU and it dynoed about 160 WHP few years ago and that's good enough for me. No fancy stereo or electronics either - there's a crappy old CD player with rotten speaker connections which I never turn on because the only music I care about is coming out of the exhaust. A/C is empty and I don't care. But hey, you know what, it passes emissions in WA state. At least it has so far. The rarest component on this baby is probably the AST coilovers - that's a good $2K+ and it's corner-balanced and aligned and handles beautifully while still being soft and comfy.

Also have a spare transmisison that's been rebuilt and never installed. Yours at no cost if you buy the car. I guess if you just want the transmisison, I can let it go for $500. It's probably full of cobwebs and homeless people, so I'm not going to ship it. Come pick it up if you want.

I freaking love this car and hate to sell it, but even more I hate to see it sit idle and rust away, especially in rainy Seattle. It still has original paint and it's clean.

I know everyone here already has an MX-3 and no money, so I'm not really hoping to sell it here, but just in case...

Here be the list of things I haz on it:

ACT Stage 1 clutch (think it has a light flywheel, but I don't remember which)
Strut tower bars
Whiteline Swaybar
2.5L KLZE
MX-6 ECU and VAF
AST coilovers, fully corner balanced
K&N CAI
2.5" all the way through, high flow cat, ceramic coated headers
HEI ignition module
brand new distributor
SuperPro urethane suspension bushings with custom rear LCA bushings
Shifter bracket (keeps shifter from falling through - known issue on old MX-3s)
AWR urethane engine mounts
Recently rebuilt transmission, only a few k miles
Interprep valve springs, KL-DE retainers/locks
Brand new valve cover gaskets
Recently replaced spark plugs
All new seals on the coolant piping
New timing belt, tensioner, water pump
Recently checked all the HLAs (hydraulic lifters) - all in great shape
Replaced old cam tension springs with new redesigned ones, so no more slip and slap on the secondary cams
Regular oil changes, never starved
New O2 sensor
New fuel filter
Compression still good
Brand new battery
Rear defroster works
Sunroof works
Power windows work
Rear wiper works
Swapped out stock headlights, which are clearly awful, for projectors
Cusco camber plates (rear set is not on the car, but you can have it)
949 Racing wheels with some Hankook RS2s melted to perfection
Brakes - Axxis Ultimates in the front, and EBC Greenstuff in the rear - still plenty of pad
Braided SS brake lines

Some issues that I'm aware of:

A/C probably needs a recharge
Idles steady around 900, but will sometimes idle low after coming to a stop, when warmed up. I've set the idle to spec, but it still happens.
Windows love to fog up in the rain, common issue with these cars
Some rust on exhaust tip and muffler
Do not have key for the hatch, opens only with the lever

Yeah, economic times are tough, so ideally I'd like to get $4900 for it, but if someone can offer me something reasonable and a GOOD HOME FOR MY CAR, I'll let it go for less.

yay

edit: SOLD
Last edited by Whisper on December 21st, 2011, 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wytbishop

Re: [FS] '94 GS

Post by wytbishop »

Nice car. Sad for you to have to sell but I understand.

Is that a grey interior or is it just the lighting of the picture? Hey did those headlights come in Black? (sorry...I had to)

Good Luck.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

Great Looking car... PM sent
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

Dirty wheels/tires and suspension!!! I bet it grips amazing :)
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

wytbishop wrote: Is that a grey interior or is it just the lighting of the picture?
No, not grey, just overexposed. Bright sunny day. :)
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

_-Night-Shade-_ wrote:Dirty wheels/tires and suspension!!! I bet it grips amazing :)
Thanks. It does grip pretty well, but I think what's more important is how well it behaves when it's starting to lose that grip. When my friend, who drove an MR2, rode along on one of the lapping days he was impressed at how balanced it was in the turns even when tires were squealing.
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

Whisper wrote:
_-Night-Shade-_ wrote:Dirty wheels/tires and suspension!!! I bet it grips amazing :)
Thanks. It does grip pretty well, but I think what's more important is how well it behaves when it's starting to lose that grip. When my friend, who drove an MR2, rode along on one of the lapping days he was impressed at how balanced it was in the turns even when tires were squealing.
I know what you mean! I have BFGoodrich g-Force KDWs @ 225/45/16 and man what a difference some good tires make. Somehow it makes the car more neutral without even touching the rear suspension/chassis - when it's on the limit of traction the whole car kind of slides out as a whole instead of understeering. But anyways, don't want to jack your thread. Good luck with sale!
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

very clean mx-3
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
PATDIESEL

Post by PATDIESEL »

nICE. It is so close to my car I want to buy it lol. GL with the sale and I hope you get your price, altough a tad steep for a 16 year old car (IMO). Maybe try selling it on your local SCCA forum. I hear that is a good place to sell set-up cars since a racer understands the time and effort and most others see - abused -.
Quick ? if you have a second- what paint code are the GS 94s? Chaste White or Pure White?
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

Gorgeous car, and some excellent parts to boot!

I'm not in the market, but good luck with the sale, sad as it is to see another member sell. :( At least you're looking to put her in good hands.

If you decide to part her out by any chance, or even sell a few things separately... I'd LOVE to put my name down for a few things. I don't expect you'll have trouble selling her all in one piece though, so good luck either way. =)
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

How many miles on the ZE? How many miles on the tranny in the car? Looks like 152k on the chassis?

How much oil does it burn? (ex. 1 quart every 2000 miles)
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

If you do end up parting, hate it as I much to be the first to hassle you about it, I'm interested in the whiteline bar.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

Mooneggs wrote:How many miles on the ZE? How many miles on the tranny in the car? Looks like 152k on the chassis?

How much oil does it burn? (ex. 1 quart every 2000 miles)
Maybe 15K on ZE since install. Only a few K on tranny. Single digits. Yeah, 152K on chassis.

I don't think it burns any oil. I mean obviously it burns some, but not any significantly noticeable amount. I have never needed to add oil between oil changes.

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”