im 16 with my first car which is a 93 mx3 gs and need help

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
greenstorm

Re: im 16 with my first car which is a 93 mx3 gs and need he

Post by greenstorm »

Just so you know, it's going to end up costing you a lot more then you think.

My advice would be to download the shop manual, print it out, and never stop reading it or referencing it on everything you do.

And, as always, these guys are here to help.

They've helped me 100 times where I was so frustrated, I was about to light the car on fire. They've talked me out of selling it 100 times. You're in good hands here.
what kind of car IS that?
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

If you do plan to do a ZE swap in actuality,,,it's pretty easy. Place your K8 beside the ZE, make the ZE look like the K8 install it and drive away contented. That's about it really.
Swapping over such things as the lighter K8 flywheel is recommended but then you"ll find about this by doing your home work. Cheers
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

We can definitely walk through the process of getting that car up and running. If you feel like the transmision or clutch is the problem, I would probably start just replacing the parts that need be replaced, worry about an engine later.

Peer pressure is a d*ck. Nothing says, "I don't have control over myself" than, "My friends are making me do this"

When you're out of your teens, that "I"m da sh*t becuz uh Ah act lika DOOSH!!" attitude don't fly. You might get friends, but you want quality friends.

Everyone has their time. Maybe your time to have a fast car to show off to your pals isn't there yet, but your time to mature faster than mama's boy who gets what he wants...

That IS your time. Plan for next step ahead of life, learn about your car, clean it up, replace what needs be replaced, get comfortable with how it handles and drives, and take your modding process step by step. If you get a transmission, clean it up, look over it, and research to understand what each part is, and how/why it works.

Same thing with the engine, or any other component you have.

My friend bought a 370Z, but doesn't know anything about his car except that it goes fast. And he respects ME more, because I know how it works.

Make your driving motivation your work you put in the car. Show off your knowledge in the form of a MX-3, and you'll blow them little kiddies right out of the water.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
doyl
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by doyl »

ive worked on cars before and this year im taking automotives which is a fun class! my teacher told me today i can bring my car in the shop to work on it other than othr ppls cars..and the motor in it has 200k miles in it and the piston rings are out..the compression isnt the best either and i honestly dont want to waste my time on rebuilding this one...and like i dont know if its the tranny or clutch but i can be driving and i can simply little tug on third gear to nutral and it pops right out..and is the k8 the motor that comes with the 93 gs series? all i know its a 24 valve DOHC v6..i was just going to look up a KLDE to put in but i decided on this cause it would be better at the track..and this car is never leaving my possesion unlesss i give it to my kids when they are old enough
doyl

Post by doyl »

ohh and dan ive been reading the worklogs to figure things out as what i can do and ive seen your name a lot lol
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

doyl wrote:ohh and dan ive been reading the worklogs to figure things out as what i can do and ive seen your name a lot lol
Ya with a smart a** reply probably. :P
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
doyl

Post by doyl »

lol na you just know what your talkinga bout what it seems like
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

Take your time, and build your car carefully. If you want real power, that is worthy of respect, that's the only way to do it. Personally, if I go to a track and see a TT Supra that some kid's dad bought for him... I'll walk past him to shake hands with the guy behind him with a slower car, that he built. It's about that... hard work, perseverance, nobody cares about the wallet war, unless they're the top spender. :)
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Thefez

Post by Thefez »

SuperK wrote:We can definitely walk through the process of getting that car up and running. If you feel like the transmision or clutch is the problem, I would probably start just replacing the parts that need be replaced, worry about an engine later.

Peer pressure is a d*ck. Nothing says, "I don't have control over myself" than, "My friends are making me do this"

When you're out of your teens, that "I"m da sh*t becuz uh Ah act lika DOOSH!!" attitude don't fly. You might get friends, but you want quality friends.

Everyone has their time. Maybe your time to have a fast car to show off to your pals isn't there yet, but your time to mature faster than mama's boy who gets what he wants...

That IS your time. Plan for next step ahead of life, learn about your car, clean it up, replace what needs be replaced, get comfortable with how it handles and drives, and take your modding process step by step. If you get a transmission, clean it up, look over it, and research to understand what each part is, and how/why it works.

Same thing with the engine, or any other component you have.

My friend bought a 370Z, but doesn't know anything about his car except that it goes fast. And he respects ME more, because I know how it works.

Make your driving motivation your work you put in the car. Show off your knowledge in the form of a MX-3, and you'll blow them little kiddies right out of the water.

Honesly this couldn't have been better said, my first car was a 626 and I was gunna paint it and turbo it and make it the best thing out there after having the car for 2 months I wreaked it.. after that I had a much larger respect for modding cars and making them go "fast." There really is a hole lot more then just speed.

Another thing to keep in mind while your saving read read read and fine out whats really worh your money and whats not.. no sence in wasting your $ on stuff you really dont need.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”