UK KLZ-Equipe

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
-eunos-
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: UK mx-3 V6 Equipe

Post by -eunos- »

Mine has light up door handles too.? :-\

djmarcopolo wrote:As someone asked here is a pic of the light up door lock exclusive to the equipe

djmarcopolo
antispam: No

Post by djmarcopolo »

END OF SUMMER PHOTOSHOOT

As I have done a lot of work to her this year since buying it and I had a half day off at work today so I took a load of photos before I started work at 7am in the marina I work in this morning and then I went for a burn around the solent in my catamaran at lunchtime and it was perfect out there today too so I took a stack load of pix at the slipway (just after another photoshoot for a performance car magazine, someone had wasted a lot of cash on a vauxhall astra VXR :oops: )

These are the best of the bunch (took about 80 in total)

Am going to use one for my avatar and going to write a piece and try and get it in banzai with these pix in the next few weeks

djmarcopolo

Post by djmarcopolo »

Another update on the MX3 Equipe.

I now own 2

Just found another wrapped in hessian sheets in a barn near hungerford, wiltshire, england its absolutely mint condition and all original. It runs fine and started fine with a new battery, the brakes are tired and 2 front tyres are down to metal.

Will upload pics after towing it home this sunday
djmarcopolo

Post by djmarcopolo »

Hello peeps,
today had a 4hr round trip to a remote house in the middle of nowhere in the Wiltshire countryside to pick up the new project car for 2010/11 and tow it home through single track lanes for 45 minutes of it on the 2.5hr journey home

Its an identical MX3 Equipe to the one I have, its yet another showroom edition and it has a full history in its plastic wallet.
This was the showroom one from the dealer in Belfast N.I. probably the only one shipped to N.I. too. it stayed there for 4 years and then was bought from belfast to a dealer in henley on thames and was then re-registered from an irish plate to a private plate and sold to a lady that lives in henley.
She sold it in 2003 and it was re-registered again with an english plate and was PX'd for a peugeot 306 xs for £12,995 and that guy had it until 2005, the owner I bought it from pretty much ran it into the ground until the MOT ran out in 2006 and its been in a barn in wiltshire ever since until now.

The bodywork and under the bonnet is immaculate like it just strolled out of the showroom. The interior is the same but covered in mould and it has a few problems from lack of use and lack of previous owners interest in keeping it nice.

I have spent £225 on buying it and towing home, I have a budget of £225 to get it road legal again that I am pretty sure it will go under budget.
It needs a major service as it wasnt firing on all cylinders and to get it going we had to mix down a load of stale fuel with fresh so it wasnt too happy to start with.

Current shopping/jobs list stands at...

MOT required Jobs

New brake pads all round
Brake calipers reconditioned
All Discs seem good under rust so will be machined clean
New windscreen required
New O/S/F headlight required
Rear windscreen heater U/S
2 front tyres down to canvas - replace
Most bulbs need replacing
Massive earth problem causing very dim lights / possible alternator
New wiper blades all round
N/S/R wheel bearing needs replacing

Non essential work / shopping list

Cigarette lighter missing
Parcel shelf missing
Ashtray missing
Aftermarket immobiliser needs removing
Seats needs full valet and mould treatment
rocker cover gasket leaking on rear bank
Number plate plinth broken
Stereo has been cut out, needs rewiring

-eunos-

Post by -eunos- »

I've got one word....: MINT!
djmarcopolo

Post by djmarcopolo »

Just an update on both MX Equipes

I will be keeping both for summer 2011 and showing both around the UK together at jap shows and then after 2011, whatever photos are taken together of 2 of the rarest MX's together will be the only ones and then the new one will be sold at the end of summer 2011

I have now sourced all the missing parts, a new headlight and everything for a major service and new brakes all round for Equipe number 2
Work starts in November !!

The first equipe will now be lowered with apex springs, a quick shift gear selector fitted and a full stainless decat is on order.
djmarcopolo

Post by djmarcopolo »

Just an update with stuff going on.

Just fitted a set of apex 40mm lowering springs as pictured below

Currently on order and awaiting fitment

Venom induction kit
6k HID kit to go in
Splitfire performance plug leads
custom made complete stainless exhaust system - headers to 4" jap style tail
Genuine Mazdaspeed oil filler cap

AaronTietje

Post by AaronTietje »

Looking good.

Can't wait to see the new exhaust. A video clip of it running would be sweet. 8)
We all want to be fast and look cool. Cool changes but fast never does.
djmarcopolo

Post by djmarcopolo »

AaronTietje wrote:Looking good.

Can't wait to see the new exhaust. A video clip of it running would be sweet. 8)
Arrived today so over the holidays I will try and fit it if its not snowing here.
NLRisingSun

Post by NLRisingSun »

The ''light up doorlock'' is that a ''equip'' only thing?

Because my MX-3 has it to, but it doesnt have any leather seats (it's an European V6)

But my color is Noble Green Mica (same as yours i think?)
djmarcopolo

Post by djmarcopolo »

NLRisingSun wrote:The ''light up doorlock'' is that a ''equip'' only thing?

Because my MX-3 has it to, but it doesnt have any leather seats (it's an European V6)

But my color is Noble Green Mica (same as yours i think?)
In the UK the equipe is the only one with light up door locks, the interior is only for the equipe and I know other countries have noble but in the UK its an Equipe only colour
djmarcopolo

Post by djmarcopolo »

Found why one of my Konigs suddenly started losing air this week and found the rim has cracked 40mm in, I guess cold and potholes have finally taken their toll.
I replaced them with a set of 18" 225/40/18 Wolfrace asiatec WARRIORS I found online, thyre 18" but just touch the arches with weight in the rear so will swap them on again for another set of 17" wheels after christmas.

My custom made stainless system with supra style 5" tailpipe and straight through center section arrived last week and finally started unwrapping it today.
djmarcopolo

Post by djmarcopolo »

Well I dont come on here much so I havent kept this worklog up to date so I am going to update it for the first time in almost a year

The uber rare equipe is almost unrecognisable now from its old self, since the last update I have done

KL-ZE 2.5 V6 engine ( imported engine from japan with 42k on clock ) with competition clutch, short shift, uprated mounts, weapon R induction kit along with full powdercoating, Kerr nelson 10mm HT leads, oil catch tank and coloured pipe fitted

The exhaust is now full stainless steel with decat to a 5" slash cut rear box ( all cutsom made)

Interior is now an uber rare OEM white leather interior from a 1997 1.6

converted to RHD imported projector headlights

17" 6 spoke alloys fully refurbished and finished in ice white with metallic lacquer

imported Genuine carbon fibre bonnet

genuine mazdaspeed top spoiler

calipers enamelled to match engine bay

personalised number plate just purchased H15 MXE ( his mx3 :mrgreen: )

Things in pipeline awaiting time and effort

Erebuni front bumper and rear spoiler to be fitted
genuine mazdaspeed side skirts to be fitted
Full custom paint job
mazdaspeed rear spoiler to be fixed and possibly fitted

AaronTietje

Re: UK KLZ-Equipe

Post by AaronTietje »

Cool interior. I've never seen that option before. 8)
We all want to be fast and look cool. Cool changes but fast never does.
Evo_Spec

Re: UK KLZ-Equipe

Post by Evo_Spec »

sweet update man!
i like the oil cap =D

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”