The Sighting/Spotted Thread

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
Nd4SpdSe

Re: The Sighting/Spotted Thread

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

newdriver92 wrote:is there any way to tell if my car is a gs or rs
i got it at a auction so there was no info on it
its a 92 auto v6 precidia
V6 = GS

Spoiler, lips, mudflaps were all optional equipment on the 4cyl, so you can't look at an Mx-3 with those equipment to know forsure what it is.

Easiest way to look is if it's a 4cyl:
- Hatch garnish: no spoiler, or RS spoiler.
- 14" rims
- no lip (mind you, most nowadays are broken)
- Higher stance.
- No V6 badges on the hatch or fenders
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
newdriver92
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by newdriver92 »

lol ok
worklog viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77147
other pics of the adventures me and the car have been on http://s1082.photobucket.com/home/newdriver92/index
newdriver92

Post by newdriver92 »

ok ive seen a red rs/gs no spoiler a little front end damage. every once in a while down 111 ave in edmonton near the royal alex
wondering if someone on here has seen it to or is the owner

seen another red mx3 only twice driving down 82 st

ive seen a silver mx3 has a tinted hatch window and a aftermarket spoiler parked in a alley near londonderry when i was droping off my cousin at his other cousins house
other pics of the adventures me and the car have been on http://s1082.photobucket.com/home/newdriver92/index
newdriver92

Post by newdriver92 »

seen two silver mx-3s in the span of 1 hr
one traveling east on yellowhead near 50th st on ramp
and the other on 87th and 140 ave
has any one seen these as well
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:
newdriver92 wrote:is there any way to tell if my car is a gs or rs
i got it at a auction so there was no info on it
its a 92 auto v6 precidia
V6 = GS

Spoiler, lips, mudflaps were all optional equipment on the 4cyl, so you can't look at an Mx-3 with those equipment to know forsure what it is.

Easiest way to look is if it's a 4cyl:
- Hatch garnish: no spoiler, or RS spoiler.
- 14" rims
- no lip (mind you, most nowadays are broken)
- Higher stance.
- No V6 badges on the hatch or fenders
Hey Nd4SpdSe, this is a West Coast forum only ok so keep out, don't comment and just plane shove off. You may however lurk and admire they're west coastiness. (Dan tries to stir up past sighting issues) :P
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
newdriver92

Post by newdriver92 »

ok ive seen this black mx3 driving around edmonton with the bear sign on it is anyone from here the owner
Calg_93GS

Post by Calg_93GS »

i see a few mx3's every now and then, none that really look like they are well cared for so i doubt they are members of the boards here, but, i did see a decent shape black GS yesterday, tinted windows, turned west onto 17th ave
Worklog
:: DIY CAI :: DIY Ground kit + Condenser :: Euro Mini Sides :: SE Leather Seats :: Kenwood Headunit w/ Custom IPod Mount ::
:: KYB GR2 w/ H&R Springs :: Drag DR-2 17x7 :: RS Raised Spoiler :: 2x12" Polk DB1222 subs w/ 800w Clarion amp ::
Hoodzy

Post by Hoodzy »

Ha if you see a creek mice blue one that's most likely me.. It's in pretty rough shape but its lowered, has clear corners and rear tint.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/hoodzy13" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.id-studio.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.behance.net/CollinH" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1995 Creek Mica Blue GS
Darcy

Post by Darcy »

If you see a red one with a Ford BP swapped in, brand new right engine mount, missing rubber and ground down rims and a bit of tree bark and rock and dirt embedded in the front end, that's my old one.
Calg_93GS

Post by Calg_93GS »

who drives a dark blue GS tinted out with the black alteza's? saw it on glenmore east bound between crowchild/14th
Worklog
:: DIY CAI :: DIY Ground kit + Condenser :: Euro Mini Sides :: SE Leather Seats :: Kenwood Headunit w/ Custom IPod Mount ::
:: KYB GR2 w/ H&R Springs :: Drag DR-2 17x7 :: RS Raised Spoiler :: 2x12" Polk DB1222 subs w/ 800w Clarion amp ::
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Calg_93GS wrote:who drives a dark blue GS tinted out with the black alteza's? saw it on glenmore east bound between crowchild/14th
I think that was me, but it isn't a GS. I was there today, projectors and a black raised spoiler too?
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
Calg_93GS

Post by Calg_93GS »

thought it had a gs wing, was dark tho, was around 7-730pm, i saw it as i was coming off the crowchild/glenmore ramp, i stayed in the outside lane tho since i was turning off onto 14th to go to the hospital, i drive a white gs with a raised rs wing, no badges on the back, just says "simply fresh" were it used to say percidia :P
Worklog
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Calg_93GS wrote:thought it had a gs wing, was dark tho, was around 7-730pm, i saw it as i was coming off the crowchild/glenmore ramp, i stayed in the outside lane tho since i was turning off onto 14th to go to the hospital, i drive a white gs with a raised rs wing, no badges on the back, just says "simply fresh" were it used to say percidia :P
That wasn't me at then, I passed through there around 5:45PM. I think I've seen you down in the SW before, are you rocking stock six spokes?
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
Calg_93GS

Post by Calg_93GS »

RobMinhas wrote:
Calg_93GS wrote:thought it had a gs wing, was dark tho, was around 7-730pm, i saw it as i was coming off the crowchild/glenmore ramp, i stayed in the outside lane tho since i was turning off onto 14th to go to the hospital, i drive a white gs with a raised rs wing, no badges on the back, just says "simply fresh" were it used to say percidia :P
That wasn't me at then, I passed through there around 5:45PM. I think I've seen you down in the SW before, are you rocking stock six spokes?
yup, still have the stock rims, for now =)
Worklog
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

In that case I saw you once when i went to pick up some goodies for mine. My winters are some black stock six spokes too. Hopefully picking up some five spokes tomorrow, found a great price for a set.

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”