Quick Question (VRIS) Related

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
davmac

Re: Quick Question (VRIS) Related

Post by davmac »

Mr.mx-3 wrote: and for some reason I can't get the damn cruise control to work I found a vac. port on the back of the intake and connected the hose to it and thought I was good to go I took it out for a drive and tried it and nothing
Probably any vacuum source will do, but I've used KLDE IM and KLG4 IM and both supported the cruise control with vacuum taken off a nipple near the IM runner near #6 cylinder:
1 3 5
2 4 6 <-- vacuum for cruise connected here
front of car
Proud owner of a Faded Red 92 MX-3 GS
cWs306
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by cWs306 »

the millenia intake doesnt have the spout on the front right runner.. u gotta go onto the back. there will be an extra spout for it..

see where the hose at the top left of the picture like kinks downwards onto the intake.. the spout is right behind there. well thats the one i used. works.. well worked untill i punched my steering wheel out of anger to the car. caved it in :lol:
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

I broke mine the same way -.- Ended up macgyvering up a repair with some washers and way too much time on my hands. Cruise control works, and the damage is almost invisible from the exterior.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
cWs306

Post by cWs306 »

bahahaha! at least im not alone on that. i broke my buttons though, there like super loose and do nothing :P
Mr.mx-3

Post by Mr.mx-3 »

cWs306 wrote:the millenia intake doesnt have the spout on the front right runner.. u gotta go onto the back. there will be an extra spout for it..

see where the hose at the top left of the picture like kinks downwards onto the intake.. the spout is right behind there. well thats the one i used. works.. well worked untill i punched my steering wheel out of anger to the car. caved it in :lol:
LOL That sux But I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with with very little paitence. As far as routing the vac hose I found 2 nipples one came straight out and there was another that 90Degreed downward out the back both were capped off on the back side of the intake about where the 1st VRIS accuator is. I ran a hose to the straight one from the C.C. box or whatever you call that big round thing under the hood that works the C.C. I know there is vac on that nipple because I started the car and there was deffinate suction on the line. Outside of that I don't know what it could be.Unless the button on the steering wheel is bad it does feel a little flat but it has for quite some time now and worked fine.Altho I havent used it in about 2years due to the fact I was burning a quart of oil every 100 miles and I got into a fender bender in back in Dec. 09 and I parked it afterwards.
GS-ZE,fidanza fly/ 6 puck ceramic clutch,pacesetter headers/exhaust, AWR 88duro motormounts, P.R.M jetstream CAI,KYB GR-2 struts, KL31 ECU,JE-50VAF,110A Mellenia alt. S.S Corksport Clutch line.
Mr.mx-3

Post by Mr.mx-3 »

Oh yea also I did the paper test today and they are working. I guess the K8 ECU must have been sucker punching it so to say.
So that is taken care of I just have to figure out this cruise control thing,drill and tap the second cool. sensor,install the milinia alt. fix ac. the dammned compressor won't stay on for more than 5min. at a time and maybe a few other minor things then I can finally be done.
GS-ZE,fidanza fly/ 6 puck ceramic clutch,pacesetter headers/exhaust, AWR 88duro motormounts, P.R.M jetstream CAI,KYB GR-2 struts, KL31 ECU,JE-50VAF,110A Mellenia alt. S.S Corksport Clutch line.
cWs306

Post by cWs306 »

me.. i have 0 patients. it sucks sometimes. hahahah and yes thats the nipple i was talkin about. mine werent capped but i used everyone of them. and uhh if you dont wanna tap the coolant neck for that sensor. pull your coolant neck off the k8 and swap it over to the ze. youll have to take off the timing belt and s--- but just mark it and youll be fine. and ac.. take it out. youll lose 50+ lbs if you do.. i just popped my line let it drain then took it out.. Window's down doin 50. theres your AC.
Mr.mx-3

Post by Mr.mx-3 »

cWs306 wrote:me.. i have 0 patients. it sucks sometimes. hahahah and yes thats the nipple i was talkin about. mine werent capped but i used everyone of them. and uhh if you dont wanna tap the coolant neck for that sensor. pull your coolant neck off the k8 and swap it over to the ze. youll have to take off the timing belt and s--- but just mark it and youll be fine. and ac.. take it out. youll lose 50+ lbs if you do.. i just popped my line let it drain then took it out.. Window's down doin 50. theres your AC.
Yea it took me awhile to find the nipples since they were capped with a black rubber tip and it being the darkest and most hidden part of the motor. As far as the ac goes I used to say the same thing but it seems to be getting hotter here in the summers espically since I installed the headers I can feel the floor board getting hot and that makes the car twice as hot so the A/C is a deffanate need I'm talking like upper 90's-100's and besides this car by far had the best A/C I have ever had I was pulling like 30 - 25 degrees F. at the vents on a day with temp.s in the upper 90's so needless to say my windows were frosting up. But as it's getting closer to fall it's not one of my biggest concerns. Also I thought of removing the filler kneck aswell but it's a BIG pain in the a-- to do so and would just be more simple to drill and tap. I was trying to pull the kneck off my K8 on the floor out of the car and even that was a b---- so I decided no way I'm even going to attempt to try to switch them out.. Part of the reason I'm procrastanating on the alt. is for the sheer fact I have to remove the radiator to get to the alt. and at that time I will probally go ahead and install that second sensor. I'm going to get it done before the cold weather gets here that's for damn sure. I hate haveing to work on a car out in the cold cuz when a wrench slips and you bust a knuckle that s--- hurts twice as bad..
cWs306

Post by cWs306 »

ohhh snap yah maybe ac is needed then. :lol: its only hit like +35C here. and the alt. you dont need to take out the rad, go from underneath the car. thats how i did mine. and whats the difference between the millenia alt and the one that comes on the ze? lol.
Mr.mx-3

Post by Mr.mx-3 »

cWs306 wrote:ohhh snap yah maybe ac is needed then. :lol: its only hit like +35C here. and the alt. you dont need to take out the rad, go from underneath the car. thats how i did mine. and whats the difference between the millenia alt and the one that comes on the ze? lol.
None that I know of that's what I ment I had to use the alt from the K8 cuz at the time I put in the motor I didn't have the plug for the ZE alt so unfourtantly I had to use what I could at the time and I had a limited amount of time I could use the shop so it had to be done quick . Yea I wish we had canada's summer down here it would be a hell of alot more tolerable than it is. Oh yea remember I kept the A/C I don't think I will be able to get around the compressor That's a very tight spot but if it means I don't have to pull the Rad. I will drff. give it a try.
cWs306

Post by cWs306 »

yah man you dont have to take out the rad. jack it up and it'll be right there. :2thumbsup:

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”