Reverse lights stuck on.. everything dims when brake applied

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
mor500589
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Reverse lights stuck on.. everything dims when brake applied

Post by mor500589 »

So a couple months ago i was going up the interstate and everyone behind me kept flashing their lights at me and was reall ypissing me off, found out the reverse lights were stuck on.... of course if it was as simple as a fuse they would be off completely and not working... also when i press on the brakes even slightly the lights dim and all.. the alternator has been tested and tested just fine, also there are no wires around the brake pedal assembly that are frayed, torn, or disrupted at all... the car also idles from 7-1500 when the brake is applied which is also weird... im stumped. and yes i tried searching but found nothing.. maybe im not good at searching on the forum... never have been good at it. any ideas?
1994 Mazda Mx-3 1.6 DOHC {cams, stage 2 LUK clutch, B&M Short throw shifter, headers back straight pipe, GOLF CART MIRROR, Duralast Gold Rotors and Pads, ALL metal Radiator, BOSCH 120 amp Alternator} more TBA ;)

ImageImageImage
muttpower
antispam: No

Re: Reverse lights stuck on.. everything dims when brake app

Post by muttpower »

Probably a stuck reverse light switch....or possibly a frayed wire near it that's grounding itself out....had the same issue when I first got the car, and it turned out to be that...
1992 MX3 GS (My Project Toy)
K8DE, see web site...too many mods to list, but still growing.
2006 Dodge Durango (The Family-Mobile)
Every time you race a Honda Civic, a kitten kills a retard.
mor500589

Post by mor500589 »

u be able to tell me where exactly it is so i dont have ta search my chiltons, online, or anyother source?
1994 Mazda Mx-3 1.6 DOHC {cams, stage 2 LUK clutch, B&M Short throw shifter, headers back straight pipe, GOLF CART MIRROR, Duralast Gold Rotors and Pads, ALL metal Radiator, BOSCH 120 amp Alternator} more TBA ;)

ImageImageImage
mor500589

Post by mor500589 »

nevermind lol found it thanks for the info

ImageImageImage
Dragon1212

Post by Dragon1212 »

mor500589 wrote:nevermind lol found it thanks for the info
could you tell me where this was located, as I'm just gonna remove the bulbs and leave it in a second

I am a V6 though
Worklog for the Blue One
Worklog for the KLZE
First Car, And My baby... $550 To buy and repair from Write-off... The radio and amp that was in it was worth more than that!!!.
Hunting For a Supra MKIV, but I'll never get one. Still Hunting.

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”