Who's your favorite Martial Artist?

Off-Topic Discussions
SuperK
Supporting Member

Who's your favorite Martial Artist?

Post by SuperK »

my #1 favorite is Donnie Yen.
Producers say that he's one of the fastest people they've ever worked with.
He was in Hero, but most notable, and impressive, are Ip Man, and Ip Man 2. If you haven't seen these, wtf are you doing here! Stop reading, start watching! They're on Netflix.

My #2 favorite is Jackie Chan. Because he's hilarious. Rush Hour!
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
Inodoro Pereyra

Re: Who's your favorite Martial Artist?

Post by Inodoro Pereyra »

Does David Carradine count, grasshopper? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway, seriously, Jet Li, by a landslide. Especially in "The One" and "Kiss of the Dragon".
U28sIG5vdyB5b3UgYWxzbyBrbm93IGJhc2UgNjQuLi5odWg/DQpTSE9XIE9GRiEhIQ==

"The more I know man, the more I love my dog."

Diogenes of Sinope.
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Who started it all, Bruce Lee using "no way as way".
Benny 'The Jet' Urquidez http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benny_Urquidez
Possibly Bill "Superfoot" Wallace. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Walla ... al_arts%29
And finally, yes you guessed it Chuck Norris. Now Google 'where is Chuck Norris' and click on 'I'm feeling lucky'. :lol:
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
lowflyinmx3

Post by lowflyinmx3 »

Chuck Norris all the way. I mean, c'mon, the man can sneeze with his eyes wide open! :werd:
Mazda.... What happens in the parking lot, stays in the parking lot
mikeinaus
antispam: No

Post by mikeinaus »

lowflyinmx3 wrote:Chuck Norris all the way. I mean, c'mon, the man can sneeze with his eyes wide open! :werd:
+1000!
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Knuckle cracking time, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqzQ2qrtBeg
I have to say Bruce Lee's bouncing kinda bothers me. When your on the up motion your not in control nor do you have the foundation to produce any power. But then again it looks good,,, theatrically.
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Well.. They guy who trained me is my favorite; Roland Sylaroup. He is a Latvian who fought against the Russian army to free his country, and saw friends and family die in the struggle. He is on a Postage stamp, holding the Latvian flag in a parade, while Russian snipers were trained on him. He was sent to prison in Siberia, until Ronald Reagan signed papers to get him out. He fought with The Lion's Den before UFC made it all okay, and he trained me to be a professional fighter. For Martial Artist who don't fight. I also like Jackie Chan, for what he went through, and accomplished. If you don't know his story, check it out.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
albertcron
antispam: No

Post by albertcron »

My Favourite Martial Artist is Bruce Lee. I love him style of fight and no one can do like him. I am crazy behind Bruce Lee Movies.
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

fowljesse wrote:Well.. They guy who trained me is my favorite; Roland Sylaroup. He is a Latvian who fought against the Russian army to free his country, and saw friends and family die in the struggle. He is on a Postage stamp, holding the Latvian flag in a parade, while Russian snipers were trained on him. He was sent to prison in Siberia, until Ronald Reagan signed papers to get him out. He fought with The Lion's Den before UFC made it all okay, and he trained me to be a professional fighter. For Martial Artist who don't fight. I also like Jackie Chan, for what he went through, and accomplished. If you don't know his story, check it out.
Hey Jesse, not to doubt your story but I Googled him, Roland Sylaroup and nothing, nadda, no info. There must be something on him some where?
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
7477th member.

Return to “Off-Topic”