[FS] 1996 MX-3 w/KLZE - Price drop to $4000!

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
nightfire

[FS] 1996 MX-3 w/KLZE - Price drop to $4000!

Post by nightfire »

Hey guys,

It's time! :cry:

My '96 is up for grabs. I just don't have time or space to maintain her anymore.

KLZE, 13" brakes, tokico/eibach, racing seat, all new exhaust & fuel tank, adjustable FPR, carputer, battery in trunk, wideband O2, front and rear strut braces, freshly repainted, SSR Comp-C mags, polyurethane bushings (and fresh set of wytbishops ready to go), CF hood... well, the list goes on and on.

My journal's here:

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=57968

Price drop! $4000 takes the car and a ton of spare parts.

If you're seriously interested let me know, and I can take more pics and give more info.
Last edited by nightfire on August 8th, 2011, 6:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- Gord
1996 MX-3 GS-ZE 2.5L 5spd
KLZE+LSD / Headers / KL02 VAF / Clutchmasters stage-I / Fidanza 9lb flywheel / Eibach Pro Kit / Tokico HPs / Urethane bushings & mounts / SSR Comp-C 16x7 / General Exclaim UHP 205/45R16 / Wilwood 13" brakes / Whiteline rear swaybar / Carputer / Software Crossover / Infinity components+subs / 41hz Tripath Amp9 / Trunk SLA batt / Keyless entry
DeadMaker
antispam: No

Re: [FS] 1996 MX-3 w/KLZE

Post by DeadMaker »

Your car is in excellent condition.Why you want to sell it?
Black Mazda Mx3 Rs 1997 B6DE
nightfire

Post by nightfire »

DeadMaker wrote:Your car is in excellent condition.Why you want to sell it?
I bought a triplex in downtown Montreal a few years ago and it was my intention to build a dream garage on the back. Just didn't work out. Just not quite enough room in any direction.

So, it's been sitting in my parking spot (usually covered), lonely.. unmaintained.. and undriven. I have a truck I use for renovations and usually just drive that around, since it has AC in the summer and AWD in the winter. Plus I work from home now (since head office is in NY), so I don't even drive much anyway.

It's not like it's costing me anything to keep it there, but it just feels... wrong. I'm hoping someone on here can take care of her and show her the road again. :)

And... remember ... it is an old car. Legally a collector's item now, I suppose. :) It is in good shape, but it needs some attention. I've got like $1500 of parts ready to install, if only I had the time.

- New lower engine brace
- New front and rear polyurethane bushings
- New TTL links
- Wideband O2 sensor needs to be welded in
- Right door speaker needs rewiring (door replaced)

Plus, there's a small spot of rust appearing at the back that needs to be taken care of. I'm sure I could get Alex (who did the bodywork) to fix it up for $250 or so, but again.. time. :(

If I had a garage and was commuting each day I'd definitely keep 'er for many years. Poured my soul into her. :) But, I just can't justify letting it waste away in a parking spot.

I plan to buy an electric motorcycle for fun and use the truck for groceries.
- Gord
KLZE+LSD / Headers / KL02 VAF / Clutchmasters stage-I / Fidanza 9lb flywheel / Eibach Pro Kit / Tokico HPs / Urethane bushings & mounts / SSR Comp-C 16x7 / General Exclaim UHP 205/45R16 / Wilwood 13" brakes / Whiteline rear swaybar / Carputer / Software Crossover / Infinity components+subs / 41hz Tripath Amp9 / Trunk SLA batt / Keyless entry
nightfire

Post by nightfire »

Bump
- Gord
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

Wow what a beauty! Lots of great parts on that car, can't believe I've never seen that pic of it. I really like alot of that car. GLWS!
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Sorry to see you selling but your reasons seem sound,,,to a deaf man. :P
The brakes are worth a grand and they are BIG. You didn't mention the LSD trans. I'm glad to of met you at the Kingston meet and maybe we'll cross paths again. 96 all the way Dude. :2thumbsup:
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
nightfire

Post by nightfire »

Daninski wrote:Sorry to see you selling but your reasons seem sound,,,to a deaf man. :P
The brakes are worth a grand and they are BIG. You didn't mention the LSD trans. I'm glad to of met you at the Kingston meet and maybe we'll cross paths again. 96 all the way Dude. :2thumbsup:
Hey Dan... been a while. Ya, I hate to leave but ... other passions now. :( Can only have so many hobbies and so much space to work.
- Gord
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

This car is amazing, I saw it with my own eyes! Great price for it. Gord if you decide to part, I would love to have those rims, bumper, and hood! Good luck with sale.
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
nightfire

Post by nightfire »

Bump

Thanks Night-Shade. :) I would part her out if I had the time but between work and renovations... it's just impossible. :(

Plus, the body's actually in great shape so I'd hate to throw that away.
- Gord
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

I hear you man, I figured as much. I'm just glad I actually got to see it, that's probably the most high tech MX-3 ever lol! Ah bit by bit the veteran MX-3ers are slowly moving on... I feel like eventually I'll be the only one left with one.
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
nightfire

Post by nightfire »

If I had a garage I'd keep it until it was a mound of dust. :(
- Gord
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

great looking car. Good luck.
mymx.3
Supporting Member

Post by mymx.3 »

Sorry to hear of this...

Time moves on huh......

Doesn't stop you from coming to the meets...we would love to see you again...!

All the best!

DEB
New owner of a "2008 Tiburon GT"
nightfire

Post by nightfire »

Hey Deb :)

You know back 3-4 years ago life seemed so simple. Could do anything I wanted, any time. Seemed to have all the time in the world.

Now, between work, travel, renovations... I hope I can make it to a meet again some time. :( Jeez, and I don't even have kids yet.
- Gord
mymx.3
Supporting Member

Post by mymx.3 »

Yep....welcome to the real world.....

It is great to have met you...............tc

DEB
New owner of a "2008 Tiburon GT"

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”