Headlights aimed downward, low visibility even with brights.

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
Patass

Headlights aimed downward, low visibility even with brights.

Post by Patass »

My head lights appear to be pointing downward in a way that is making night driving uncomfortable/dangerous for me. I'd say my visibilitty is limited to an absolute maximum of 15 feet, on a straight road, with no other lights (which there are many of in CT). I tried aiming the lights up, but the screw just came out (broken off?) on the passenger side and the drivers side appears to be as high as it can go. Suggestions?
muttpower
antispam: No

Re: Headlights aimed downward, low visibility even with brig

Post by muttpower »

Just curious, are they the glass EDM headlights, or the Plastic USDM ones???? Either way, both can be taken apart using a heat gun to soften up the adhesive, and depending on how "broken" the adjusters are, they might be able to be fixed. Or you could just buy some new headlights...
1992 MX3 GS (My Project Toy)
K8DE, see web site...too many mods to list, but still growing.
2006 Dodge Durango (The Family-Mobile)
Every time you race a Honda Civic, a kitten kills a retard.
Patass

Post by Patass »

I replaced the bulbs a while back with the ultra bright Ines you see at auto zone and advanced auto. Do you mean replace the whole thing? Also I'm pretty sure its all plastic. 95 mx-3
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

the headlights just suck. With no-name bulbs, I could see maybe 2 or 3 yellow lines coming at me. I put in SilverStars, and its much improved, but projectors are the real answer. cheap on Egay.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
Patass

Post by Patass »

yeah silverstar, that's it. I got the brightest ones available. I'll post pictures later tonight but I swear it just looks like they're pointed straight at the ground.
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Patass wrote:yeah silverstar, that's it. I got the brightest ones available. I'll post pictures later tonight but I swear it just looks like they're pointed straight at the ground.
Ok, there's no need to swear. These head lights are a dime a dozen, I got them kicking around every where. Just go to the wreckers and pay $2 bucks for a new set then polish them up and don't break the adjustment screw this time. Some times hood clearance can cause aiming issues, funny thing is my head lights are off till I close the hood then they're bang on. Add the town where you live into your profile, maybe someone here lives close by and has a spare set of lights. :)
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”