Absolute noob here :D

This section is for NEW members to introduce themselves.
Anke
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Absolute noob here :D

Post by Anke »

Hey people. My name's Anastasia and I'm from sunny southern CA, Ventura County to be exact. So I have been trying to get an MX-3 for over a year now, and after traveling all over the country and seeing the sights, I got back home and spent the rest of my money on a beat up one. It made it home, that alone made me happy seeing as it was only $800. So now I have a sick and clunky baby parked outside, but I love it all the same.

It's a 1993 MX-3 1.6 Liter with a sunroof of all things (for better head frying on those hot days). It needs lots of work and I've been trying to do some of it with my friend (I have no idea how to fix things, this is a learning experience). I'm hoping to learn lots from all you friendly people, and I'll be making a list of things to be worked on and things that have been already done. Any input/advice/etc. is greatly appreciated since I am seriously clueless here. If there is anyone local who could throw some help my way, that would rock (just advice, I don't mooch for money). But right now I'm just happy to have found a forum dedicated to this beautiful, hard to find car.
Ryan

Re: Absolute noob here :D

Post by Ryan »

Welcome :)

Feel free to start a worklog.

You'll find most of your answers through a search, but if you still can't find your answers, just make a thread (or reply in a similar one)
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
mxmikey
antispam: No

Post by mxmikey »

We love pictures.
93 GS/SE
Anke

Post by Anke »

And I would love to post some. But my car is living in the mechanic's shop right now. The driver's side front coil spring snapped, in two places. :lol: No one believed me, but this car is originally from Massachusetts and the salt really did a number on it. Now I'm just waiting for my Eibach pro kit to come in so he can install it. But I promise there WILL be pics. It ain't pretty, and it's not a V6, but I will post something up (before and after paint job/body work).
Anke

Post by Anke »

Found some pics on my phone :)

The first or second day I had the car. Airing it out and checking out what should be fixed first.

All the gunk and oil that apparently has been leaking out for 2 year.

After I cleaned it, so we can change the valve cover gasket. It fixed the leak right up.

The coil spring from front, driver's side. That's the bottom of it.

Same spring, but this piece fell off the top when the car was lifted.

Another shot of the front with me sitting on it. That's its "pretty" side. The other has a big dent.

That's all for now. After it gets the new springs put in I'm going to start a work log.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

Hey! I didn't see a worklog yet ;o That may be my bad, but I'll be expecting to see one soon! =)

It looks like you're learning things the right way, keep asking questions and before you know you will be answering them to newer members! :)

Welcome to the forums, remember to search first, and don't be afraid to ask questions if you need the help!!! It's better to ask the question than to ask for help to fix something that was improperly assembled!

Good luck, and welcome once again =)
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Mi|<E

Post by Mi|<E »

There was a recall or the like on the front springs:

Re:
1992-1995 MX-3 Front Coil Springs
Recall Campaign #70709

Dear Mazda Owner:

This notice is sent to you in accordance with the requirements of the Canada Motor Vehicle Safety Act.

Mazda Motor Corporation has decided to conduct a recall campaign for the front coil spring on the 1992-1995 MX-3 models which are registered and operate in the provinces of Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and Newfoundland. In those areas, large quantities of road-salt are used in the winter seasons.

Mazda has determined that on some 1992-1995 MX-3 models, large quantities of road-salt, used during the winter months in the above areas, may cause corrosive pits to develop on the front suspension coil springs. Repeated use under these conditions may cause the bottom portion of the coil springs to fatigue and break. If coil spring breakage occurs, the tire may be punctured by the unseated spring, resulting in a potential loss of control of the vehicle.

To prevent the broken coil spring from contacting the tire, your Mazda dealer will install guard assemblies to the front damper, on a free charge basis. Please schedule an appointment with your Mazda dealer to have the Recall repair performed on your vehicle. The work takes approximately 30 minutes. In addition to performing this recall campaign, Mazda is extending the warranty coverage on the front coil spring for the life of the vehicle.

Im not sure if this would extend to the states, but it doesnt hurt to inquire...

Return to “Introduction Forum”