[WTB] mazda mx3 left fender Not fiberglass

Looking for an Item you'd like to buy? Post here.
This section is NOT for selling.
xXsalvador
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

[WTB] mazda mx3 left fender Not fiberglass

Post by xXsalvador »

would any one have a left side fender that i could buy
but not the fiberglass ones.. or do you guys recomend me to get them both fiberglass?
xXsalvadorXx Mazda MX-3 94
muttpower
antispam: No

Re: mazda mx3 left fender Not fiberglass

Post by muttpower »

fiberglass fenders????? seen em, but not for the MX3. Depending on the price, they wouldn't be a bad idea, considering they'd be decent for weight reduction purposes(not as good as Carbon fiber, but lighter than sheet metal) :shrug:
1992 MX3 GS (My Project Toy)
K8DE, see web site...too many mods to list, but still growing.
2006 Dodge Durango (The Family-Mobile)
Every time you race a Honda Civic, a kitten kills a retard.
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

the aftermarket fiberglass fenders i have handled were heavier than our OEM steel fenders. Most fiberglass fenders tend to be very thick and it makes them heavy, so they end up being equal to or heaver than the MX OEM fender. It would be cool if someone made them out of CF though.
Sleeper6

Post by Sleeper6 »

muttpower wrote:fiberglass fenders????? seen em, but not for the MX3. Depending on the price, they wouldn't be a bad idea, considering they'd be decent for weight reduction purposes(not as good as Carbon fiber, but lighter than sheet metal) :shrug:
:lol: Maybe you should look at your avatar picture, since youve never seen them :roll:

You sir, deserve the Newb bomb :lol:
Last edited by Sleeper6 on December 11th, 2011, 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
PATDIESEL

Post by PATDIESEL »

Get a stock fender, they weigh very little. The only FB ones I've seen were M3 variants, were not very good quality, and were heavier than the stock ones.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
muttpower

Post by muttpower »

Sleeper6 wrote:
muttpower wrote:fiberglass fenders????? seen em, but not for the MX3. Depending on the price, they wouldn't be a bad idea, considering they'd be decent for weight reduction purposes(not as good as Carbon fiber, but lighter than sheet metal) :shrug:
:lol: Maybe you should look at your avatar picture, since youve never seen them :roll:

You sir, deserve the N bomb :lol:
:confused2: Really...so you can GUARANTEE that those ones are Fiberglass???? Just by looking at a tiny little avatar pic....I'm impressed...you must be a freakin psychic...anyway...I'm sure they do make those z3 style fenders in fiberglass, but the only ones I've actually seen(in person, not on the net) were made of sheetmetal... and what the hell is an N bomb????
Sleeper6

Post by Sleeper6 »

muttpower wrote:
Sleeper6 wrote:

You sir, deserve the N bomb :lol:
:confused2: Really...so you can GUARANTEE that those ones are Fiberglass???? Just by looking at a tiny little avatar pic....I'm impressed...you must be a freakin psychic...anyway...I'm sure they do make those z3 style fenders in fiberglass, but the only ones I've actually seen(in person, not on the net) were made of sheetmetal... and what the hell is an N bomb????
http://www.andysautosport.com/mazda/199 ... 78382.html
That same photo is used in every Ebay/online add I have ever seen for fiberglass z3 Mx-3 fenders thats all, hence the noob reference my friend, I just found it ironic that was your Id picture and you had little to no clue on how long its been on the net :lol:
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
muttpower

Post by muttpower »

Meh...never had the need to search for z3 fenders before...considering I think they look like poo...and as for my avatar pic, I only chose that one because this one wasnt available...
The only reason I saw the metal ones is because they were on a friends MX3 when I was in Germany...I just never saw the need to search for them because I'd never install them on mine.....EVER!!!! I would never put a wale tail spoiler on my car either, so I've never searched for those either, and I'd have no clue as to what their made of either, nor would I care, because I'd never use one...and as far as Irony goes, how bout someone who joined in 2010 calling someone who joined in 2009 a noob????? anyway, let me stop hijacking this poor guys thread...
Sleeper6

Post by Sleeper6 »

@ xXsalvador, sry for jacking your thread for my amusement, If you still have trouble finding a fender I would be glad to help you out as theres two in a local yard that Ild get you for cost and shipping but that will be a killer from NY depending on your location,

@Muttpower, sry I called out your ego and offended you, and yes I officially joined in 2010 but have been visiting this site since I built my first mx3 in '04 after pulling the frame, welding it, and resurrecting it with a salvage title. So please offer a little respect before you go off next time. Either way Im glad to be called a noob, atleast it means we still have something to learn and havent shut any new ideas out, how else can we make progress?
93 GS red (wrecked)
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

I'm a noob too then. :wink:

Z3 fenders look awesome. On a Z3 :lol:

The real Z3 style inserts could be cool... but that's not where I'll be venting engine air to. :welder:

I would love some CF or FB fenders, but honestly my primary motivation wouldn't be weight or cosmetic. I strongly dislike dents and dings... My front right fender on my '92 has a CREASE from the previous owner's time with the car. I've had more fender dents on cars than anywhere else, between all of my cars.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

Sleeper6 wrote:

You sir, deserve the Newb bomb :lol:

Hahahahaha

That is awesome!
mazdaspeed23

Re: [WTB] mazda mx3 left fender Not fiberglass

Post by mazdaspeed23 »

xXsalvador wrote:would any one have a left side fender that i could buy
but not the fiberglass ones.. or do you guys recomend me to get them both fiberglass?

i have passenger and drivers side fender for sale. from a 94 gs
Own
1994 MX-3 GS swapped ZE
1994 MX-3 GS Swapped ZE (Gone)
1996 Dodge Dakota Sport v8 Magnum
2007 Ford Fusion SE

WORK LOG: http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=81232

My MX-3 is nothing without me, and i am nothing without my MX-3

Return to “MX-3 Related Want to Buy Forum”