car stalling randomly

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
eng7ine
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

car stalling randomly

Post by eng7ine »

Just recently bought the MX-3, test drove it with no problem, it has 150,000 miles on it. Driving it to work on the interstate and pushed down on the clutch to shift and it completely stalled out. It did this one more time on the same ride pulling into work. Any ideas or suggestions what This could be?
Ryan

Re: car stalling randomly

Post by Ryan »

This type of issue happens a lot, but no one can seem to guess it correctly the first time...

Try checking for vac leaks. The accordion tube, all of the lines....

Do a general tune up. Reset your TPS, clean the throttle body and Idle Air Control(IAC) valve, reset the timing and idle....

Make sure the neutral switch on the transmission is intact...

If you search around on here you'll find lots of info.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
PATDIESEL

Post by PATDIESEL »

+1 to Ryans suggestion-
Check for Vac leaks, then reset your TPS, then check the neutral switch. All reasons the car can stall. It could also be a bad distributor or the HEI inside the disty. It will stop working when it gets too hot. There is a cheaper and longer lasting fix for the Mazda HEI which many of us have done to stop continually buying distys every 5-10 years. Again a quick search for HEI install will show you what to do if you get that far and the vac, TPS, and neitral switch were all ok.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

eng7ine wrote: Driving it to work on the interstate and pushed down on the clutch to shift and it completely stalled out. It did this one more time on the same ride pulling into work.
Were you shifting at the time it cut out pulling into work? Just looking for some commonality.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”