My 1.6 16v

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: My 1.6 16v

Post by Ryan »

Now this idea I like better. If you had mentioned it was going to be a sleeper, we'd all have been much happier...
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
chrome730

Post by chrome730 »

i ment no disrespect towards ya dude. as for lori words aint much to me. say what you want.
It only takes a single voice to start a revolution
Lori Carlyle
antispam: No

Post by Lori Carlyle »

chrome730 wrote:lori words aint much to me. say what you want.
I will just as you did, go back into your hole and stay there moron, if your going to attack people, make sure you can take it back at you. Child.
Owner of the UK MX3 site.
Famine

Post by Famine »

RS_OBD'oh_2 wrote:
Venari wrote:How many of you guys have the 'nads to consider a homebrew supercharger?
At this point in time, you have one post. I doubt that you have been through our worklog section. Many of us have one-off setups, much more involved than a supercharger mod that does not exist. I don't think you have the nads for it either.
Ah yes, because post counts and membership periods are a cast-iron indicator of underlying knowledge. You know that almost all of this site is set so guests can read it - including the worklog section, right?

If you worried a little less about posting and concerned yourself a little more with reading, you might not have missed this crucial part of Venari's post:

Venari wrote:I don't even have an MX-3. I'm a technical advisor of sorts, working on a couple of different projects. Amongst others, I have a rodded '62 Corvette, a restomod fast road (not really pro-touring) '68 Cougar and an FTO which if I told you what I was doing to it you either have an orgasm or an embolism. Or both.
He hasn't mentioned that he also built himself a GTM Libra. Or that his other car is a Porsche. And that his other other car is a Lancia Fulvia. Or who he works for (I'll leave that one dangling).

This man's house looks like Boyd Coddington's imagination (and as a result his ankles look like Roy Scheider's, about two thirds of the way through "Misery"). Yes he has the rocks to do exactly what he says and more. I have to stop him, regularly, before he works out how to get 400hp from the K-series V6 sitting in my garage. He's also underplaying the role he has in modifying my spare MX-3 which, I can assure you, will get some eyebrows going.

Savin wrote:Here's my take on things. Read if you wish, but you don't have to.

If I've learned anything from forums (j-body.org in particular), if you post pics of your car, you're asking for both negative and positive comments. Some people may love the look, others may hate it, but its the risk you take when you post photos of your car on forums. If you want everyone to approve of the look you're after, its best to find a forum dedicated to that "Scene" so to speak.

People gave you their opinion of the car, some are just diehard mx-3 lovers and want them to stay pure to the look of the car, (hence the hostile comments). As for me, I don't give a s--- what you do to the car. If you like it, that's what matters. But if you're doing it to be an "attention whore" (not saying you are), then you might want to simply take it elsewhere just so there isn't more pointless arguing.

Like I said, I'm not biased when it comes to what people do to their cars, but if I think its stupid, then I'll say it. I hated john's kitted out mx-3 for the longest time just cause I thought it was ugly (i even said so), but I still respect the work and the guy behind the car.
And here's the nub - hate the game, not the player.

The reactions to Bert are understandable. In fact I'm surprised there's not more hate for it than there already is. The reactions to nightstalker, personally, for the modifications to Bert are inexcusable. How "Vecia" still has posting rights on this site escapes me - say what you like about the car, but that tirade of abusive nonsense (capped off with an hilariously ironic "keyboard gangster" accusation) has no place on any website. Except 4Chan.

And if you really, really hate Bert, think of it this way. A car like that devalues itself. This makes the rest of our MX-3s (and badgesisters) rarer and more valuable, even across oceans...
Drives:
1998/R Mazda MX-3 1.8i V6 24v, Blaze Red - last Mazda UK-supplied MX-3 V6?
1993/L Mazda MX-3 1.8i V6 24v SE, Clear White
1998/S Mazda Xedos 9 2.3i Miller, Green
1999/T BMW E39 523i SE Touring, Green and Rust
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

WOW folks!!! not your work log to flame in...

If you don't like it don't post.

I think this car is great. Its by far the Best worst looking car. I love it. It looks like a 20 year old rat rod. only thing your missing is some sown up bumper tares.

I like it keep it up! MORE PICS
mx-3_4evr

Post by mx-3_4evr »

this is a cool looking car! more pics!
Savin

Post by Savin »

I'm curious to see how your idea of turning it into a truck will look. I did the same to my GS when I cut it up. :welder:
'95 MX-3 RS - Project "Déjà Vu" Destined for the scrapyard.
'93 MX-3 GS - SOLD!
'93 MX-3 GS SE - Parts car!
'94 MX-3 GS - Scrapped
'94 MX-3 RS - Scrapped
'96 Sunfire SE - Scrapped
'03 Sunfire SE - Deathtrap
'95 Cavalier Base - Scrapped
'94 Thunderbird LX - Collects dust
'89 Mustang GT - SOLD!
nightstalker

Post by nightstalker »

Wow, what a turn around :lol:

It's nice to get support, Famine knows this car almost as well as myself (we both know it's a little b*stard and we both love it).

There's not much to report at the moment as I've got it going in to get fixed up in the next week to sort out some little niggles with the engine and chassis and body work (Hell, no, I'm not getting it all sorted, just the nits that will make it illegal on the road).

Savin: Once I have spoken to the person creating the conversion I will let you know (Did you have to brace yours as I've been told it might need it for structural rigidity?).

Famine: We may have a little project our hands next year which we will NEED Venari for :wink:
Savin

Post by Savin »

It would probably be best to re-enforce it in some way. I really can't remember how much weaker the car felt since I did the "conversion" while cutting up the car. (so no bracing was done) Here's the link to my old thread with pics: http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.ph ... 58#p501858 maybe it'll help you get an idea of what to do.
'95 MX-3 RS - Project "Déjà Vu" Destined for the scrapyard.
'93 MX-3 GS - SOLD!
'93 MX-3 GS SE - Parts car!
'94 MX-3 GS - Scrapped
'94 MX-3 RS - Scrapped
'96 Sunfire SE - Scrapped
'03 Sunfire SE - Deathtrap
'95 Cavalier Base - Scrapped
'94 Thunderbird LX - Collects dust
'89 Mustang GT - SOLD!
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

I thought about putting in a tailgate and making something like that but I was thinking about making a trailer out of the back half of another MX to tow behind mine when going to AutoX events and such.
nightstalker

Post by nightstalker »

Sooo, sneak peek folks?

nightstalker

Post by nightstalker »

Now imagine on this next few pictures an intercooler sitting in the bumper somewhere :D

Now I think you all might be seeing where abouts this is heading :wink:
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

I love your car and I think a number of people on the board have failed to take your car in the spirit in which it is intended. However you also seem to be taking alot of people's words out of context (at least in the beginning there) and it has lead to some angst.

I drove an 82' civic that looked a little better than your rat for about 3 years and loved the crazy looks I got from ladies in their BMW's and douchy guys in their super tuners.

Whatever. It's fun. He's keeping it alive and having a ball.

BTW...you are SUCH a redneck.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

A Canadian redneck, not an American one :lol:
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
mikeinaus

Post by mikeinaus »

this cars interesting...
i like the mx-3 emblem on the hood, and your gauges look sweet.

a question about your cluster. did you just swap the bulbs with coloured leds or did you have to do anything special?

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”