Need some input for MTX on 93 K8

A forum for discussions regarding the MX-3' transmission. Swap, technical, and troubleshooting info should be placed here.
h3xt0r

Need some input for MTX on 93 K8

Post by h3xt0r »

A little back story. Back in 08 I had my shifter fork take a poop on me and so I raged faced it into 3rd for 5miles to get home and thus totaled the tranny; shattered the Shifter fork and turned 1st and 2nd gears into toothless monsters. Long story short I snagged a rebuilt tranny and center force clutch kit. (Old clutch was worn down pretty bad.). Anyway, car has been sitting for about a year and I just recently got it back up and running. Yay!

Two days ago I start the car up and it felt like it wasn't shifting right; grinding a bit on going into 2,4 & Reverse. Now I am getting a lot of grinding on 2,4 and Rev. and it feels like the shifter isn't going all the way in.. Oh and abit of snagging on 5th gear. Feels pretty similar to a busted shifter fork or maybe a throw bearing; however I've only got 10k on the transmission tops.

I plan on flushing the system later this week to see if I can't find any little bits floating around in there however I was wanting some input and fresh ideas before I go rage face on this transmission and rip it to shreds. :-P

Anyone had similar problems or insights? Thanks ahead of time.

-Rich
-H3xT0r
kateCapshaw wrote:The moment somebody says to me, "This is very risky," is the moment it becomes attractive to me.
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Need some input for MTX on 93 K8

Post by Ryan »

I'd suggest leaky master/slave.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
muttpower
antispam: No

Post by muttpower »

How's the clutch pedal feel???? If it's a bit loose, I'd try bleeding it out, and if that still doesnt work, look into the slave cylinder.......
1992 MX3 GS (My Project Toy)
K8DE, see web site...too many mods to list, but still growing.
2006 Dodge Durango (The Family-Mobile)
Every time you race a Honda Civic, a kitten kills a retard.
h3xt0r

Post by h3xt0r »

The clutch pedal feels about normal. No real change in stiffness. I'll take a look at the master/slave later and see if I can't find any leaks anywhere; or atleast the tell tale signs of leakage and report back.
-H3xT0r
kateCapshaw wrote:The moment somebody says to me, "This is very risky," is the moment it becomes attractive to me.
muttpower
antispam: No

Post by muttpower »

Check the flex line too, but make sure you have someone pushing the clutch in when you do, otherwise, you might not notice the leak(happened to me when i first got my mx3, took me weeks to figure out where my clutch/break fluid was going) :freak:
1992 MX3 GS (My Project Toy)
K8DE, see web site...too many mods to list, but still growing.
2006 Dodge Durango (The Family-Mobile)
Every time you race a Honda Civic, a kitten kills a retard.

Return to “Transmissions”