Fog Light Wiring Question

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
Letters11
antispam: No

Fog Light Wiring Question

Post by Letters11 »

Hello all. I was wondering what the wiring going to the dummy "switch" is used for.

If im thinking correctly, fog light switches go here?? But when i take the dash apart, there are wires going to this. Any help on telling me what they are used for, i would appreciate it. Im hoping to get my bumper and fogs put in soon and if these wires go to the fogs, that would be great!! Thanks.

wytbishop

Re: Fog Light Wiring Question

Post by wytbishop »

North American models have the cruise control switch in that location. That harness plug is for CC.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
WhiteFinish

Post by WhiteFinish »

Euro cars have fog light switches there.

Are you sure the wires are for cruisecontrol
Just another Mx3 freak :)

Feedback topic: Click

Worklog
Worklog click
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

WhiteFinish wrote:Euro cars have fog light switches there.

Are you sure the wires are for cruisecontrol
Definitely cruise
(best picture I could think of and find off hand
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Letters11

Post by Letters11 »

hmmmm, interesting. My other mx3, 1994, has the cruise options on the steering wheel, which was taken from another mx3. So does this mean that we all have cruise control if we get a swicth?! How tough will it be to run the fog light wiring harness to this switch location if i end up getting the necessary parts??
Letters11

Post by Letters11 »

I stand corrected. My other mx3 had only the steering controls and not the 2 buttons.

http://mechdb.com/index.php/File:Mazda_ ... _Q-010.png
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

I'm pretty sure the wiring in the mx-3's accomodate the CC even if it does not come with it. There are more components for it to work (primarily the vacuum chamber that sits near the power steering resevoir) in addition to the buttons. I'm also pretty sure all mx-3's have the same CC setup. You need the on/off switches AND the steering wheel controls for it to work.
Letters11

Post by Letters11 »

Mooneggs wrote:You need the on/off switches AND the steering wheel controls for it to work.
OOOO :oops: my other one was missing the switches and the rest of the stuff then! Would it be better to try and find a full stock wiring harness or just wire new positive and negative to the already there lead on the stock fog lights? I would like a oem wiring harness but it its going to be significantly easier to do it from scratch then that will be the plan! Thanks

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”