solo_ryder - 1994 MX3 GS-ZE - Update March 17 - Goodbye

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
mikeinaus
antispam: No

Re: solo_ryder - 1994 MX3 GS-ZE - Update July 23 - Oil Chang

Post by mikeinaus »

are you going to try and track down a jdm one? my lip isnt in too rough shape so thats no biggie. rock chips can be fixed easy enough, the big pain in the a-- is going to be painting it. im dreading all that sanding/polishing just thinking of it.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

mikeinaus wrote:are you going to try and track down a jdm one? my lip isnt in too rough shape so thats no biggie. rock chips can be fixed easy enough, the big pain in the a-- is going to be painting it. im dreading all that sanding/polishing just thinking of it.
Or you can just get a shop to do it.. 200 bucks for a place I know.

If I cant find a JDM lip I am gonna use the USDM one and see if I can get the 2 front holes filled somehow as that is the only problem with using the USDM lip (which I kinda like better as it hangs lower)
mikeinaus

Post by mikeinaus »

still workin part time bro. might be easier to just grab a red one from the wreckers one day.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Did a tire rotation today and resprayed my calipers. Just wanted to update with some pics since its been awhile..

gio289

Re: solo_ryder - 1994 MX3 GS-ZE - Update Aug 11 - Rotation

Post by gio289 »

Best mx3 I've seen beside a brand new one solo. Nice work! Any updated pics with the new bumper?
solo_ryder

Re: solo_ryder - 1994 MX3 GS-ZE - Update March 17 - Goodbye

Post by solo_ryder »

Soo.. Was clearing out a memory card and found a recent photo that I dont even remember taking, but it looks good. Last photo taken apparently by me. By april the car will be stripped out and sold to Mikeinaus. Hopefully he does something good with it and keeps it clean! Love the car, but it was time for me to move onto something else. I have owned 3 mx3's all with swaps since my join date, 1 crashed and 2 sold. The vision for this one was to be as clean and functional as possible and I think I achieved that. Only thing I regret was not getting the JDM front end on, but I am sure someone else will be able to use that stuff for their creation. It will be missed.

:sadwavey:
AaronTietje

Post by AaronTietje »

Your going to have to post up some new pics of you 240 build. :D
We all want to be fast and look cool. Cool changes but fast never does.
diezzel
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by diezzel »

That was one nice car.Have fun with the other car.
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

So the question prevails, is it the car or the people? At times it's hard to say but I think you make this decision with some reservation. Good luck.
Last edited by Daninski on March 25th, 2011, 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Vecia
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Vecia »

I have to say, this one will be my favorite for a long time. I joined this site after I did a google search for images of MX-3s and a pic of this car came up. I clicked the image and it brought me here to this site.

This car and what solo_ryder did to it is and will continue to be my drive to stay with it and keep on going with my MX-3 and hopefully for more to come.

I know I haven't been here long, man but thanks for sharing the build with us.
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

Hey man. It was good following your build and dealing with you in person. We'll have to catch up some day if the internet still exists.

Of course, I don't think you'll fully quit mx-3.com for awhile...
Cody
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Some people can cut it cold turkey

Some slowly go away over time, but come back once in a while

Some just never leave :lol:
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Lol, I like the site its like a second home. I dont think I am going anywhere for awhile.

I have some thoughts though.. buried deep in the back of my mind.. Crazy thoughts of another mx3 someday down the road..

We will see what happens haha
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Sometimes I think it would be nice to have a newer car that you can get like...parts for...and stuff...but then I just can't imagine my life without the MX-3 in it.

I have to say Solo...I'm suprised given the condition of your MX-3 that you decided to move on. With a car like yours I would probably never leave. If I can get my car to the condition yours was in I will drive it for another 20 years.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

wytbishop wrote:Sometimes I think it would be nice to have a newer car that you can get like...parts for...and stuff...but then I just can't imagine my life without the MX-3 in it.

I have to say Solo...I'm suprised given the condition of your MX-3 that you decided to move on. With a car like yours I would probably never leave. If I can get my car to the condition yours was in I will drive it for another 20 years.
Well cars over here are usually rust free for the most part.. So that in itself already gives an advantage, couple that with the mild climate of coastal BC and the lack of gravel and salt used for winter, you are left with many good mx3's in the area. Suffice to say it isnt rare to see a few minty mx3's still driving around here.

That doesn't mean that the car is up to my standards though, I could explain why I moved on... but it would probably offend the die hards on the site, so I will just let it be. I have a plan to own one down the road, whether or not that will come to fruition we will see as it is a pretty large undertaking...

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”