Official Rant thread.

Off-Topic Discussions
ethand
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Official Rant thread.

Post by ethand »

well my 18 yr old car puts out more than when it was new - i put some 17" rims and a bigger sound system in it... pretty sure it pumps out 300hp now :lol:
'92 JDM Eunos Presso - Zeke
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Ok my rant for today has to do with this site. :rant2:
First, why do I have to keep logging back in every half hour or so. It gets a little irritating after a while.
Secondly, the last time any web site was as slow to load a page as this site is I was on 56k dial up. Hello, is this the 21st century or what? For the money we're paying here you'd think the service would be a little better,,,oh ya, most don't pay. Anyway, I won't be distracted by details. I want longer log in times and the damn pages to load faster.
Ok, I feel a little better now. :shrug:
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

I'll build on Dan's rant a bit;

The site doesn't load the fastest but I can tolerate that, it's the mysql errors that bug me!! I don't see them for weeks, and then BAM 2-3 days of no forums :( I've been less active lately due to actually having a job and my many responsibilities, but I'm in no way leaving the scene. Hell, I'm getting more into it! Finally collecting the bits and pieces for my very extensive build...
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
newdriver92

Post by newdriver92 »

i just hate computers mostly due to the fact that every six months there "out of date" and societys notion that oh oh oh something is new we HAVE TO BUY it. and its also to corporations fault......... wait head hurts, to much thinking to fast ahh :confused2: :froggie_red: :confused2:
worklog viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77147
other pics of the adventures me and the car have been on http://s1082.photobucket.com/home/newdriver92/index
Dragon1212

Post by Dragon1212 »

My SQL Error PeopleS!

What browser are you using?
When was the last time windows was freshly installed?
When was the last time you cleared the cache?
Worklog for the Blue One
Worklog for the KLZE
First Car, And My baby... $550 To buy and repair from Write-off... The radio and amp that was in it was worth more than that!!!.
Hunting For a Supra MKIV, but I'll never get one. Still Hunting.
newdriver92

Post by newdriver92 »

worklog viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77147
other pics of the adventures me and the car have been on http://s1082.photobucket.com/home/newdriver92/index
Sisko182

Post by Sisko182 »

I honestly have never had those problems of having to login over and over, nor have I had slow loading times. I'm just lucky I guess. This site loads crazy fast for me on my computer and phone. Probably has something to do with the fact that its had the same coding and layout since the late 90s... :roll:
$i$Ko

Ride:
1992 Midnight Purple MX-3
Worklog:

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=75646

Feedback
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=76781
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Rant time!

#1, bursary and loan critera.

Why in the HELL do kids with MORE DEBT and rich parents get more money than kids with LESS DEBT and church mouse parents? My mother makes less than 20k, and I have ZERO debt, and I got $300 last year. Whoo.

I have a friend who lives two provinces away, lives with her rich a-- BF for free, and gets money monthly from her parents, has almost 40k in debt... and got over 3k in bursaries.

WTF!!?!?!? Does honest hard labour, ethic, and effort have NO value?

Next up, unintelligent face book posts (ie, 95% of them all)
I think that pretty much speaks for itself.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
carizle

Post by carizle »

Ryan wrote:Rant time!

You pretty much nailed it! Its the same in the US. Its much easier to be on welfare and have everything at taxpayers expense than it is to be working middle class.

One thing I really don't get is how these people can afford their cigarettes, beer and energy drinks (paid for by welfare of course). Now I'm not a smoker, but if I was I couldn't imagine all the extra money that would take up I'd have to budget for.
If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable!

98 Mustang Gt-convertible, bolt-ons and SCT race tune-Cams and 4.10 gears coming soon
SOLD-92 GS beater-280,000 miles and still goin strong-HEI mod
SOLD-91 Explorer XLT 4x4-never let me down, at least when I can afford to fill it up
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

carizle wrote:
Ryan wrote:Rant time!

You pretty much nailed it! Its the same in the US. Its much easier to be on welfare and have everything at taxpayers expense than it is to be working middle class.

One thing I really don't get is how these people can afford their cigarettes, beer and energy drinks (paid for by welfare of course). Now I'm not a smoker, but if I was I couldn't imagine all the extra money that would take up I'd have to budget for.
They have all that extra money cuz they don't feed their kids properly buying them processed crap instead of proper whole some foods. Then the kids go to school hungry and the schools have a breakfast or even a lunch program so we're once again subsidizing their energy drinks and unlimited text/talk phone plans.
Last edited by Daninski on April 7th, 2011, 9:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
carizle

Post by carizle »

Daninski wrote: They have all that extra money cuz they don't feed their kids properly buying them processed crap instead of proper whole some foods. Then the kids go to school hungry and the schools have a breakfast or even a lunch program so we're once again subsidizing their energy drinks and unlimited text/talk phone plans.
Ah yes of course! I didn't think of that because my kids always have breakfast at home and a lunch packed with them! Another point they do always seem to have new smart phones too! Mine is probably two years old and the battery wont hold a charge anymore.
If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable!

98 Mustang Gt-convertible, bolt-ons and SCT race tune-Cams and 4.10 gears coming soon
SOLD-92 GS beater-280,000 miles and still goin strong-HEI mod
SOLD-91 Explorer XLT 4x4-never let me down, at least when I can afford to fill it up
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Xbox live at night, truly not worth my time...

Post by MrMazda92 »

Well guys, I'm annoyed at the moment.

I like to play xbox live on occasion, and that's nearly 100% during the nights(typically after 1 am, so late nights). Call of duty MW2 is my personal favorite game. I hate black ops, so there's your answer why my copy collects dust if you were wondering.

The problem I'm facing... is that my "competition" are pre-pubescant brats from the U.K., and even in a lobby full of 7 Americans and 1 Brit, the Brit will get host 100% of the time. What's wrong with this? It means that the Brit has 4 bar connection, and all of the Americans have 2 bars at best. I creep up to 3, seeing as I have ~54 MBPS down and ~24 MBPS up fairly steadily. They will run around with a knife and literally walk through bullets. If you stab them first, ha... ha... they stab you back. So much for having fun with my xbox, does anybody have any solutions?

This is pretty much just a rant, but it's been on my mind. I felt like sharing it with somebody :lol:
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Calg_93GS

Re: Xbox live at night, truly not worth my time...

Post by Calg_93GS »

MrMazda92 wrote:Well guys, I'm annoyed at the moment.

I like to play xbox live on occasion, and that's nearly 100% during the nights(typically after 1 am, so late nights). Call of duty MW2 is my personal favorite game. I hate black ops, so there's your answer why my copy collects dust if you were wondering.

The problem I'm facing... is that my "competition" are pre-pubescant brats from the U.K., and even in a lobby full of 7 Americans and 1 Brit, the Brit will get host 100% of the time. What's wrong with this? It means that the Brit has 4 bar connection, and all of the Americans have 2 bars at best. I creep up to 3, seeing as I have ~54 MBPS down and ~24 MBPS up fairly steadily. They will run around with a knife and literally walk through bullets. If you stab them first, ha... ha... they stab you back. So much for having fun with my xbox, does anybody have any solutions?

This is pretty much just a rant, but it's been on my mind. I felt like sharing it with somebody :lol:
lrn2BF2:BC
Worklog
:: DIY CAI :: DIY Ground kit + Condenser :: Euro Mini Sides :: SE Leather Seats :: Kenwood Headunit w/ Custom IPod Mount ::
:: KYB GR2 w/ H&R Springs :: Drag DR-2 17x7 :: RS Raised Spoiler :: 2x12" Polk DB1222 subs w/ 800w Clarion amp ::
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

I believe I missed the meaning behind that :lol:

I'm just bugged by the lag basically. If a lobby has 8 Americans in it, and the host lags, then the host will automatically be changed to a more suitable one. If there is 1 Brit, they ALWAYS get host, and ALWAYS keep host. I've been playing MW2 for over 2 years, and have yet to see a single exception to this.
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Just pick up a different hobby.... I don't have a suggestion otherwise.

I used to play video games (Starcraft, 5 hours a day after school in grade school), and if I had posted in this thread then, I'd totally be sympathetic.

Now I do stuff like clean engine parts, build 12v sound systems in my basement, think up ways to show my VRIS working, and research brake pad compounds in my late night spare time :P
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback

Return to “Off-Topic”