Replacing burned out alarm light

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
Sisko182
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Replacing burned out alarm light

Post by Sisko182 »

Perhaps better suited for the Electronic section of the forums, but relevant to this section nonetheless.

The light for my alarm no longer works, so I'm wondering how to fix it. I thought it might just be a bulb, but it looks like just a couple wires running to the area that the light blinks in.

Probably super simple and I'm just missing something?

Here are some pictures:
ImageImage
ImageImage
$i$Ko

Ride:
1992 Midnight Purple MX-3
Worklog:

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=75646

Feedback
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=76781
mikeinaus
antispam: No

Re: Replacing burned out alarm light

Post by mikeinaus »

test the wires with a voltmeter. if there still supplying power cut them off pop out the old bulb, hot glue in a new buld and connect the wires.
Dragon1212
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Dragon1212 »

agreed you can't replace that without replacing the whole thing is in and led's Don't usually burn out...
So test the wires and see if they work if yes take that one out buy a new one and put it where the original was.
Worklog for the Blue One
Worklog for the KLZE
First Car, And My baby... $550 To buy and repair from Write-off... The radio and amp that was in it was worth more than that!!!.
Hunting For a Supra MKIV, but I'll never get one. Still Hunting.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Nothing lasts forever

Indeed test the wires, HOWEVER, note the voltage. LED's come in a variety of voltaves, from 1.7 all the way to 12v, maybe even higher. Need to get one for your specific voltage (or damn close) otherwise it'll burn out (if too low) or just won't be bright (if too high). Could easilly throw in a resistor in there, but you need to know the voltage coming out to do the math to know what resistor to use...
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”