Do the door guards have holes if removed???

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Flyer

Re: Do the door guards have holes if removed???

Post by Flyer »

That is definately aftermarket. I have a 96 and have looked at several other 96, none of them have it.
MrMazda92 wrote:I find Honduh forums more helpful, typically more pleasant too.
Inodoro Pereyra

Post by Inodoro Pereyra »

Chances are they're glued to the door. The best tool to remove them (as far as I know) is a bondo plastic spreader. You put it under one of the ends, and start pushing, working your way through.
If you want to get rid of the glue, without messing up the paint, there's a type of disk you can use with a drill, specifically for that purpose. It's kind of a white rubber disk, kinda like an eraser. I don't know what its name is, but I'm sure if you go to an auto paint shop you can find out. Or PM Mitmaks, he's a painter.
U28sIG5vdyB5b3UgYWxzbyBrbm93IGJhc2UgNjQuLi5odWg/DQpTSE9XIE9GRiEhIQ==

"The more I know man, the more I love my dog."

Diogenes of Sinope.
youdirtyfox
antispam: No

Post by youdirtyfox »

we call them toffee wheels :
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Automotive-Toffee ... c2fff771f0

you can also use ruck-sack webbing straps to good effect to remove old glue and not damage the paint. if it very stubborn glue just use a hairdryer to heat it up a touch to make it easier coming off.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:Some goo-gone and some fishing line maybe?

Not sure if it would be better cold, where the glue will be more fragile, or warm/hot, where the glue will be softer....
X2 for the Goo-Gone, that stuff works wonders. I've used it on boats and cars for years, it even works on the tar-like crap on the inside of your doors.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
ethand
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by ethand »

Flyer wrote:That is definately aftermarket. I have a 96 and have looked at several other 96, none of them have it.
agreed... I thought that was what i saw in the first pic, but wanted to check... its most def after market.
'92 JDM Eunos Presso - Zeke
kulluminati777
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by kulluminati777 »

yeah wtf u must of bought the car from some middle aged male who thought he was saving the car with those ugly strips but he was embarrassing mx3 owners around the world!!!literally im embarrassed to look at those TAKE THEM OFF NO MATTER WHAT IT TAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
fillpereira

Post by fillpereira »

kulluminati777 wrote:yeah wtf u must of bought the car from some middle aged male who thought he was saving the car with those ugly strips but he was embarrassing mx3 owners around the world!!!literally im embarrassed to look at those TAKE THEM OFF NO MATTER WHAT IT TAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lmao, I plan on it :lol:
kudkudniyog

Post by kudkudniyog »

No holes, just glue. Had to take them off to prep d car for paint. They won't be installed again.

Return to “Appearance”