My first mx3 build

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
1st_mx3
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

My first mx3 build

Post by 1st_mx3 »

Hello everyone. My name is Darren or Dee and I just bought my second Mx3 a couple weeks ago. The first one I had the guy wouldn't give me the title since he had a lean on it so I got rid of it. I have just be waiting my time to get another one and finally one worth buying poped up so I drove all the way to grand rapids michigan to buy it. It is in bad shape but with time I will get it. I do not have a lot of mony nor time since I work full time go to school full time and have three kids that I take care of. I promise I will do right by this mx3. I am not a fixing car kind of guy since I am a cook but mainly I do systems. I compete in car audio systems during the summer so that is probably what you will see first once I find the time to get it put in. The car is at the mechanics right now getting the tie rods fixed, cv axle fixed, and the emergency brakes replaced since when I bought it there was no ebrake. I don't know someone would of did that or disconnect the 4w abs. Can anyone give me a clue to this one. I live in Wisconsin and I am 30yrs.
93 mx3 Gs v6
Sleeper6

Re: My first mx3 build

Post by Sleeper6 »

Does yours actually have abs? Alot of mx-3s came without abs on them, both of my GS's were abs-less.
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
1st_mx3

Post by 1st_mx3 »

Yes, it does actually have abs and I was told by my mechanic that they were not only disconnected but the hubs where changed as well which I have no idea what that means. lol

forgot to post pictures before sorry guys.

93 mx3 Gs v6
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Aside from being really dirty, it looks good.

Since I see you have hardly any snow and a garage, you should consider committing a few hours a week to reading up on stuff on this website. You'll save yourself hundreds if not thousands of dollars in repairs that someone of mediocre intelligence is perfectly capable of doing. You sound more than mediocre, I'm not insulting you. Your friend is the search function, and if you honestly tried hard in there, post a new thread... If you missed it, we'll let you know :)

Welcome, and good luck.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

1st_mx3 wrote:Hello everyone. My name is Darren or Dee and I have a multiple personality disorder.
:P :lol: :lol: Sorry couldn't resist
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
1st_mx3

Post by 1st_mx3 »

Aside from being really dirty, it looks good.
The crazy part about it is that is actually the car and how it looks. I thought that too but when I went to a car wash to get it washed it still looked the same. But after i pick it up from the mechanics I will be dropping it off for a simple paint job to clean up the car.

If I knew what I was looking for I would so use the search button but I do not have an inkling of what I would be looking for lol. I know I want the car to look good and be fast with a loud system but other than that I'm lost. lol My father in law told me since it is semi fast now to work on the suspenion and I was looking at some coilovers that I wanted but dont know how that's going to work really with the system that is going to be in back of it.
Hello everyone. My name is Darren or Dee and I have a multiple personality disorder.
It's all good I can handle it...lol
93 mx3 Gs v6
1st_mx3

Post by 1st_mx3 »

Ok guys after some waiting...I got the sway bar links fixed, the ebreaks fixed, and now I am still trying to find the spindle/hub with abs for the car. I do not know what people do not understand. I have went through two places and they have sent me the peice but neither of them are with the abs so I have had to send them back. But now I just went to go pick up the car from my paint shop.

Yes I stuck with the white cuz most mx3 are red or black so just to stick with the original color I am good with it.
93 mx3 Gs v6
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

White looks awesome! One of the best colors on a MX for sure.

Now if only if other MX3s on the site could look like this.. Repaint looks good on a older car, how do you like it so far?
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Ahumm Ahumm, clearing my throat. :D Why thank you solo. http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm12 ... Mycar2.jpg

Ok, so you got your car looking nice, now what?

Darren or Dee is that you standing by the car?

Oh man I can't believe the jealous response of the member below me and I do mean, blowme. :P
Last edited by Daninski on February 5th, 2011, 7:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Inodoro Pereyra

Post by Inodoro Pereyra »

Daninski wrote:Ahumm Ahumm, clearing my throat. :D Why thank you solo. http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm12 ... Mycar2.jpg
Would you like some sushi with your rice, sir? :lol: :lol: :lol:
U28sIG5vdyB5b3UgYWxzbyBrbm93IGJhc2UgNjQuLi5odWg/DQpTSE9XIE9GRiEhIQ==

"The more I know man, the more I love my dog."

Diogenes of Sinope.
1st_mx3

Post by 1st_mx3 »

Ok, so you got your car looking nice, now what?

Darren or Dee is that you standing by the car?
It might be easier if everyone just calls me Dee. lol...No, that isn't me by the car that is the very pregnant wife that was looking at it at the time I took the picture. Now what...hmmm good question...What I see in my further for the car is going to take some time to do since I do have another kid on the way...lol

1. New Lights front and back (Mid April or May)
2. New Brakes (Mid May)
3. New shocks front and back (End of May or June)
4. Grace period---Baby is due middle of June lol
5. New Engine will come next year with taxes...http://www.sunrisejdmmotors.com/engine_ ... =70&page=1

Other than that I am just trying to do what I can when I got the time and money...For right now I have a little cold air intake that I will be putting in soon. I know it's nothing major but I liked the way it looked and just wanted to see what it would actually do.
93 mx3 Gs v6
Inodoro Pereyra

Congrats on the new baby... :P

Your mods look good, but I would do the brakes and shocks first, and then the lights. No point in seeing the tree if you can't stop before hitting it... :shrug:

Diogenes of Sinope.
1st_mx3

Post by 1st_mx3 »

Your mods look good, but I would do the brakes and shocks first, and then the lights. No point in seeing the tree if you can't stop before hitting it...
Very good suggestion...I noticed you were down in florida...I'll be bringing the car down to spring break nationals in March.

I have a problem here guys...i bought a cold air intake for the mx and for some reason it does not look like it is going to work and it makes no sense...unless who ever had this car before has already switched the engine out and it is different but I was told before that it looks right. The other issue that I have is that my car sits in the garage and when I go in there it smells of gas and when I had it at the mechicanics he told me that he didn't find any kind of leaks so this makes me a little worried. Any sugguestions.
93 mx3 Gs v6
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Nope, you have the stock motor.

Gas smell could be many things, but unless your MPG is being affected, I wouldn't sweat it. Really, gas only explodes in movies.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
Inodoro Pereyra

Ryan wrote: Gas smell could be many things, but unless your MPG is being affected, I wouldn't sweat it. Really, gas only explodes in movies.
I couldn't disagree more.
It's true that gas only explodes in movies, but that goes both ways: first, it's true that cars with a gas leak, or a bunch of bullets shot into the gas tank, won't explode. Second, it's also true that gas explodes in movies, as most special effects explosions are produced with gas, and a small amount of explosives.

but a gas leak can produce another different, way more common side effect: a FIRE. And that does happen in real life, far more often than anybody would want to.
Add to that that "gas smell" means "gas fumes", and the fumes are the ones that ignite, and you should see why YOU SHOULD TAKE CARE OF THIS PROBLEM ASAP.

Finding the leak should be your absolute priority. You definitely shouldn't start the engine at all until that leak is fixed.

The good news is that the fuel circuit in the car is very simple. Start by checking the banjo bolts at the ends of the fuel rails (there should be 3, if I'm not mistaken), and the hose connected to the fuel pressure regulator. Make sure there's a copper washer between each banjo and the FR mating surface, and check that the bolts are properly torqued. Then , check the hoses for cracks. Put a jumper between F/P and ground in the "Diagnostics" box in the engine compartment, and switch the ignition key to the "ON" position (do NOT start the car). That will start the fuel pump, and pressurize the fuel system. Then, see if you can find the leak.
If you can't find it, this could be a good time to replace the hoses and fuel filter anyways. If, after doing so, you still smell the fuel, you're gonna have to disassemble the fuel rails, and check the injector O-rings.

Either way, sweat it. And do it NOW, before something bad happens.

Diogenes of Sinope.

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”