my newest issue in a long line...

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: my newest issue in a long line...

Post by Ryan »

Rear valvecover too. That area is a biatch to check out though.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
shockro

Post by shockro »

it dosn't even so much as drip while its running, i sat there looking for like 10 mins or so, even had a family member rev it for a bit... went to start it eariler and it was blowing a brown smoke on and off, and its idle is pulseing now (goes from low to high).... i used to enjoy working on this car but damn.....

ohh, just wanted to say a thanks to ryan and the rest that have tried helping me with this car on and off.
shockro

Post by shockro »

poped my spark plugs out and there was some crap on them (looked like oily water, i had known some water got in while charging the battery a few nights ago (damn snowstorms)) and the rough idle's gone now.. my ac belt is very loose so i'm trying to tighten that up a bit, i always have problems with that :(... we'll see how it charges after that, i know its thrown it off a few times previous to now. (car still only has 113k on it, but was very poorly maintained before i got it...

p.s. at this point as its my only driving car atm (98 ford contour i got off the neighbors for $300 fried and i have no idea with that car... cant idle and stalls, tried camshaft position sensor already) i've decided to try and ignore the oil leak until i have it charging again, and then i can work on that in between work shifts.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”