MX-3 stainless steel sill protectors / kick plates

New product ideas and status of new product development postings.
djmarcopolo
antispam: No

MX-3 stainless steel sill protectors / kick plates

Post by djmarcopolo »

Hi, over here in the UK I found somebody willing to make stainless steel kick plates or sill plates for MX-3's. He has now put them for sale on Ebay in his shop.
These also come included in the price, engraving with whatever you want and either polished or machined finish.
I have some on order that are due at the end of the month so I do not have a photo yet of what they are like.
I also did a deal with the manufacturer that any of these ordered for your MX-3, you have to ask specifically when buying that you want the MAZDA FONT - SF AUTOMATION you can have them then engraved with anything you like with the original MAZDA font to keep it with your car. :D :D

This is the link to buy them, I am from the uk-mx3.com site and this is a genuine deal I have sorted in the UK just for MX-3 owners

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWNX:IT
NANO91
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: MX-3 stainless steel sill protectors / kick plates

Post by NANO91 »

Ship to US?
92 RS- (2nd Gen) BP-Swap
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=76390
ice_mann

Post by ice_mann »

They should I just ordered one.... :wink:
95 MX3 GSZE- Silver, TWM STS, suspension techniques lowering springs, moroe struts, bronze-oil shifter bushings, leather MS shift knob, strut bars(Fleabay), ss headers, spec stage 3 clutch, fidanza flywheel , outlaw spacers, MS motor mounts , custom ss door sills, spyder projectors

WTB
coilovers
Megasquirt(dont know which one yet)
Slim Fans
Sisko182

Post by Sisko182 »

I was looking for some of these, but that's pretty expensive for just a couple of door sills.
$i$Ko

Ride:
1992 Midnight Purple MX-3
Worklog:

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=75646

Feedback
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=76781
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

Sisko182 wrote:I was looking for some of these, but that's pretty expensive for just a couple of door sills.
cheap compared to OEM SS sills which run anywhere from $120-220 on here
Sisko182

Post by Sisko182 »

Evo_Spec wrote:
Sisko182 wrote:I was looking for some of these, but that's pretty expensive for just a couple of door sills.
Kind of unnecessary for a bit of sparkle, in my opinion...
$i$Ko

Ride:
Worklog:

Feedback
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

I have the factory ones and as I hope you can see they actually sit on a plastic/rubber piece that makes them look a little thicker and probably protects the paint as well.

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/1305/8nov09067.jpg
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Sisko182 wrote:
Evo_Spec wrote:
Kind of unnecessary for a bit of sparkle, in my opinion...
Rare and a nice piece IMO. They matched perfectly my aluminum Mx-3 pedals too :D Also a rare piece too which helps to make one's Mx-3 more unique.

1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Sisko182

Post by Sisko182 »

Ok you've got me, they're pretty nice haha. I've got some other parts to buy first though before lauyin' down some cash for those.
$i$Ko

Ride:
Worklog:

Feedback
ethand

Post by ethand »

Hey guys, sorry for falling off the face of the earth (I think this is the first time I've checked this forum this year! Woops!), but now that I've found this, the link isn't working in the top thread... Would you guys know if this guy is still supplying them??
Cheers guys!
Ethan
'92 JDM Eunos Presso - Zeke
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

I have no idea Ethan, but welcome back :D

Have any new updates for your worklog?
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
ethand

Post by ethand »

Unfortunately not, really! I've started at uni this year (thus being crazy busy), and have had a few electrical & mechanical faults, so far totaling about $1k (AUS... which is pretty much the same as US... like $50 more or so haha) this year... And the fact that I'm saving up for going on Exchange next year (which will cost around the $18k mark!) is also a reason to minimise unnecessary spending...
That said, it hasn't stopped the dreaming!! I rang an upholsterer the other day to find out about getting leather interior, but he quoted me $4k, which is almost what I paid for the car!! Haha... I said I'd think about it hahahahaha :roll:
Anyway, if anyone knows about these S/S door sills...? ;)
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Ahh, that's both fortunate and unfortunate to hear! Your future is more important than any car though! Besides, a bright future may mean more money for parts down the road :lol:

I managed to pick up another GS, and am now working on 2 cars :lol: It's great though, since I can drive one while the other is torn down!
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
ethand

Post by ethand »

Haha yeah, exactly! While I'm away I'm planning on lending Zeke to a mate for a full year! I just don't think I'll want to sell him, so I have a friend who's absolutely obsessed with Zeke, and she has to share a car with her mum at the moment, so I'll let her look after him while I'm away... I figure she's the only person who would properly care for him, and when I asked her she was more excited than a puppy with a new toy haha :)
So hopefully, when I get back I'll have some money left over, and can spend it on Zeke haha!!
Nice work! I've always wanted to have two, for the same reason - you can actually mess about with both cars, and do all sorts of fun stuff that may require breaking the engine/making it not work for a few weeks if you have a back-up car!! But as a student, it's not exactly viable! haha
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

:shock: You're ballsier than I am on that one, I don't let anyone drive my MX-3s...
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:

Return to “New Product Development”