thinking klze turbo

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
SpatialTerror
antispam: No

Re: thinking klze turbo

Post by SpatialTerror »

haha thanks.
performance is crazy.
but once you learn how it works its kinda fun
93 GS-R with crank pulley racing clutch and flywheel, magnaflow cat back exhaust, short ram air, 12" rockford fosgate p2 subs, on a amp 500rms, jvc touch screen deck.work log --->http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=75217
92 RS with lowering springs, and body kit.
SpatialTerror
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

SpatialTerror wrote:so you would have to have like a megasquirt for the injectors to run the motor exactly right. but it will work on the stock setup. ok i was just curious.
because the first things im buying are the injectors, afpr, and the megasquirt.
probally gonna install that then just drive it setup like that for a little while till i get the rest of the parts
Once you have the MS installed you can control the fuel table so you would be able to control the larger injectors, but they won't give you any more power until you start stuffing more air in the engine. There is value in installing the MS before you turbo though. It will allow you to eliminate the VAF and tune the car properly, plus you get the opportunity to become familiar with how it works before you start instaling the complicated stuff.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
SpatialTerror

Post by SpatialTerror »

yea i didnt think it would make much of a diff preformance wise.
but i will have that stuff for a bit of time b4 i have the rest of the parts.
so it will give me something to play around with.
so i can learn how to tune my car and get it figured out.
plus its that much less work that i have to do when i do get the rest of the parts.
i just ordered some injectors today. then my next buy is the afpr.
then the megasquirt.
but i still dont know if i want the diypnp or the megasquirt 2.
any recomendations?
93 GS-R with crank pulley racing clutch and flywheel, magnaflow cat back exhaust, short ram air, 12" rockford fosgate p2 subs, on a amp 500rms, jvc touch screen deck.work log --->http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=75217
SpatialTerror
SpatialTerror

Post by SpatialTerror »

hey guys would this work for my setup.
i need to know b4 the auction ends. cuz if so ima get it
and is it good or not so good
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FUEL-PRE ... ccessories" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SpatialTerror
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

well it'll work yes, but like most people will recommend, spend the extra money and buy a quality product instead of ebay stuff, or wait and save up till you can
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

SpatialTerror wrote:hey guys would this work for my setup.
i need to know b4 the auction ends. cuz if so ima get it
and is it good or not so good
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FUEL-PRE ... ccessories" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

NO!

get a good product. It that fails, your engine leans out and blows. not worth cheaping out
SpatialTerror

Post by SpatialTerror »

haha ok just wondering.
cuz it seemed like a hell of a deal.
haha well i think im gonna get the afpr from jeggs. its like $140
SpatialTerror
MX-3zoom

Post by MX-3zoom »

Was wondering, what size fmic to buy. looking around online for a black one. wasn'y sure as to which size.
[What can you say, I have a fetish for 3's]
mikeetown wrote: Do what you want to do dude cause in the end, your mx-3 is all about you.
puromx3

Post by puromx3 »

hey ur doing great SpartialTerror
ur getting it.
dont mind the harshness..just alil noob hazing thats all. but ur becoming
quite informed.
and you have no idea on how great this post has become because im sure theres
plenty of newer people getting into the forced induction scene reading this post
right now learning from your questions and everyones feedback.
so in perspective YOU are asking the very same questions alot of people are
wondering and by asking your questions people will learn from the correct answers.
whooo!! idk bout u..but that sounds impressive. keep it up
JDM MX-3 KLZE 2.5 W/ HEADERS, SHORT RAM INTAKE, FIDANZA FLYWHEEL, STAGE 3 CLUTCH, SHORT THROW SHIFTER, NOLOGY HOT WIRES, PAINTED AND POLISHED ENGINE, WHITE W/BLUE PEARL PAINT, ENKEI RPF1s 9.5lbs, COILOVERS, B-PILLAR BAR, 6K HID HEADLIGHTS, 12K HID PINK FOGS, PROSPORT GAUGES.
SpatialTerror

Post by SpatialTerror »

thanks man. i actually just reciently decided to do a bpt. its gonna be alot of custom work though. i think im gonna make the klze a n/a monster though.
or mabye put a ebay turbo kit on a kl for a bit. just for the tuning experiance if it goes bad its not like i spent a s--- ton of money. and a new motor where i am its like 400 to 600 bucks for a kl.
eventually i would like to do a nice turbo kl. something with some insane hp but keep it mazda. not just a mazda looking shell. i am getting outa wyotech soon. so after that i will be going into my job for now. but eventually i would like to get into a mazda dealership. and get access to stuff i would need to make it sick like 500hp but all mazda parts.
SpatialTerror
puromx3

Post by puromx3 »

nice. keep it up
yeah i think we all dream of a monster mx.
soon there will be more and more doing crazy custom work to get the
power we all dream to get.
JDM MX-3 KLZE 2.5 W/ HEADERS, SHORT RAM INTAKE, FIDANZA FLYWHEEL, STAGE 3 CLUTCH, SHORT THROW SHIFTER, NOLOGY HOT WIRES, PAINTED AND POLISHED ENGINE, WHITE W/BLUE PEARL PAINT, ENKEI RPF1s 9.5lbs, COILOVERS, B-PILLAR BAR, 6K HID HEADLIGHTS, 12K HID PINK FOGS, PROSPORT GAUGES.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I dont understand why someone would NOT turbo a klze. The difference is CRAZY... plus im running the sloppiest set up there is and its been good for 3 years. Im even afraid to install the MS that I got from shadowme because its been runnign so well.

Stock injectors, aem wideband, ebay wastegate and bov, 12:1 fmu thats acting like a 10:1 fmu for some reason.. (vortex) Crappy mitsubishe sidemount intercooler and ebat t3t4 turbo ar .50, magnetic oil drain plug.

Ready to install are my megasquirt and millenia injectors.

This thing outruns the so called performance cars on the track and the street like crazy. Have yet to blow. The na ze seems boring compared to the turbo one.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
SpatialTerror

Post by SpatialTerror »

thank you. thats how i see it. but i was also thinking supercharger. with the klze because it is a bit lacking in the low end. and a supercharger would defenantly fix that and then some. but i would like to eventually mabye buy another v6 mx3 do the swap as well as turbo it. but thats for later on.

oh and hgallegos how much hp you got with the turbo. cuz i still havnt made up my mind on my kl. but thats cuz my bpt project has kept me pretty busy and broke.
SpatialTerror
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I dont know, I made 162 whp when I was not turbo and at my local track ran 15 seconds (yes yes crappy track 3000ish feet altitude and 90 degrees outside)

and after the turbo it brought me to a flat 14.

It defenetly feels way faster. I have yet to dyno it because Im waiting for spring to install my megasquirt and injectors.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
SpatialTerror

Post by SpatialTerror »

hmmmm. i bet you got about a 50hp boost from that. were around 3,500 feet here in idaho and my best time was like a 14.7 with a .3 reaction. i believe. but it was just me and the drivers seat in the car. it would be nice to break 13,s though
SpatialTerror

Return to “Forced Induction”