Seat Covers

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
czwan

Seat Covers

Post by czwan »

My seats look horrible--all worn out with foam visible, stuff spilled on them, etc. One time I bought some seat covers that were supposed to be the right size for an MX-3, but they were really thin, flimsy, stretched around them weirdly, and looked like...well, seat covers. Definitely looked like they'd rip really easily. So I exchanged those.

I wanna do something to disguise my old seats, but I have no idea which kind (if any) would actually fit and look decent. The ones I see on Ebay, it's really hard to tell what the quality is. Seems like the common price range is in the $40-$50 vicinity. I just looked at some generic bucket seat covers at AutoZone, and they were in the same price range, but maybe not even designed specifically for an MX-3. So I don't know what to do. Definitely don't want to spend a ton of money, but want something hopefully decent.

Any one had any success with this? Really need something neutral, like gray or black.

Thanks.
Inodoro Pereyra

Re: Seat Covers

Post by Inodoro Pereyra »

If you want them to be perfect, you can buy the skins at the dealership... :shrug:
U28sIG5vdyB5b3UgYWxzbyBrbm93IGJhc2UgNjQuLi5odWg/DQpTSE9XIE9GRiEhIQ==

"The more I know man, the more I love my dog."

Diogenes of Sinope.
SteeleMX3
antispam: No

Post by SteeleMX3 »

go to the wreckers (prolly in summer) and take the covers off, or the whole seat if you want.
1992 Mazda MX3 Precidia GS-KLZE :: Rockin' my world since 2009
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=72989 ---> Workloooogg
mikeinaus

Post by mikeinaus »

or better yet find some nicer leather seats from a newer car and mod them to fit.

but yeah steele is right, i grabbed 2 mint condition front seats for $50 from the local wreckers.
czwan

Post by czwan »

Good idea about the wrecker. Although, last time I went, all the MX-3s had poor quality seats, most with the windows left down and had been rained in, etc.

I don't need them to be absolutely perfect, but I just wondered if all seatcovers were like the ones I got, or if anyone had found any covers that were a good fit.
mikeinaus

Post by mikeinaus »

i found a set of vinyl covers that fit ok at best. they were a bit loose and ended up getting a bunch of cracks in the vinyl within a couple months from all the folding. if you post in the wtb section im sure you could find a set of factory covers in decent condition.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/2 ... ?locale=en
SteeleMX3

Post by SteeleMX3 »

thats pretty funny mike, I got the same ones and the exact same thing happened. gotta love Crappy Tire.
1992 Mazda MX3 Precidia GS-KLZE :: Rockin' my world since 2009
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=72989 ---> Workloooogg
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

czwan wrote:Good idea about the wrecker. Although, last time I went, all the MX-3s had poor quality seats, most with the windows left down and had been rained in, etc.

I don't need them to be absolutely perfect, but I just wondered if all seatcovers were like the ones I got, or if anyone had found any covers that were a good fit.
That's no fun, but at least you had Mx-3s to look at... we've got 2 in my local wreckers, the same 2 that have been there for a few years now... One had a superglued and bolted body kit, with the interior gutted and the body kit pins the right door to the car, and the other is a bone stock RS that filled completely with water with the doors shut for who knows how long... I salvaged a few tiny things, but they're pretty much gone. :(
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
czwan

Post by czwan »

Oh, wow. Pretty sad to see an MX-3 filled with rainwater.

Yeah, the interiors were pretty rough on the ones I found. But I did get a near-perfect match door for cheap, to replace mine from when my car got wrecked into, a while back. I guess it's just random what you'll find out there...
Polonius

Post by Polonius »

Yeah, I got a new cover for mine at a wrecker. It changes stock completely every couple of months, so it's worth checking every now and then.
1993 MX-3
B6 SOHC
170,000 k
Manual tranny
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

I just found a different wrecker in town that has an MX-3, and I'll be going tomorrow... fingers crossed there's something worth saving.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
czwan

Post by czwan »

Good luck, man!
kulluminati777
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by kulluminati777 »

dude go here and get your interior totally redone the only catch is you have to put it on yourself but its a fun and easy DIY over the weekend. Plus u get custom colors so thats hot!!!! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWAX:IT
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688

Return to “Appearance”