car idle goes up and down and bogging out at 5ooo rpm

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
gxser
antispam: No

car idle goes up and down and bogging out at 5ooo rpm

Post by gxser »

ok i have a 1.6 doch and just swap another 1.6 in.... idle is rough and when i give it hard throttle around 5000rpm it will bog like i would be hitting the brakes.. rpm gauge just goes eratic and cheq engine goes on.. i ease off the throttle it pures like a kitten doing 110k on highway.. i was just wondering if this happen to someone and had answers to this thanks
reedw75
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: car idle goes up and down and bogging out at 5ooo rpm

Post by reedw75 »

I got a similar problem (95 mx3), just swapped another 1.6dohc from a 94, fairly certain i got bad injectors that are leaking down under excessive load
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

80% of the time that would be an ignition problem. 18% of the time that is an unmetered intake air problem. 1.8% of the time that would be bad timing.

0.2% of the time that would be a fuel injector issue.

Take your car into a dark garage and watch the spark plug boots as someone revs the engine up slowly...you will see arcing between the boots and the head if there's a bad boot or two...which there probably is. You are losing power because the spark is leaking to the head at high RPM and not all of your cylinders are firing. Could also be a failing distributor.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
gxser
antispam: No

Post by gxser »

found the problem !! it was some kind of ground nut around the thermostat hahaha

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”