Mx-3 Dually

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Dragon1212
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Mx-3 Dually

Post by Dragon1212 »

All my ideas are s*** thanks for confirming can someone please lock this I think I won't post any ideas any more.
Worklog for the Blue One
Worklog for the KLZE
First Car, And My baby... $550 To buy and repair from Write-off... The radio and amp that was in it was worth more than that!!!.
Hunting For a Supra MKIV, but I'll never get one. Still Hunting.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Dont be emo. The idea was crazy at best.

Post up a idea that is worth trying and you will have ppl who have your back!
Dragon1212

Post by Dragon1212 »

Yea can't think of any... Sun Visor Moniters won't work Nowhere to buy them in Canada... Body Kit? No I'll wreck the peice at the walmart parking lot and I'm too poor to buy it. Smoking the tailights, Nowhere to buy anything to smoke them with. Engine Swap. To Poor...

Lock
Worklog for the Blue One
Worklog for the KLZE
First Car, And My baby... $550 To buy and repair from Write-off... The radio and amp that was in it was worth more than that!!!.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

I have an idea for a mod that don't cost nothin.

No mod.

Your car looks good as is, doesn't need anything! If your gonna do anything replace stock parts that could be in better shape like interior plastics and whatnot. Gs lip would be good too
Dragon1212

Post by Dragon1212 »

solo_ryder wrote:I have an idea for a mod that don't cost nothin.

No mod.

Your car looks good as is, doesn't need anything! If your gonna do anything replace stock parts that could be in better shape like interior plastics and whatnot. Gs lip would be good too
Got rid of the lip because my sister wrecked hers the first week so I just didn't put it back on. When I fixed my car.
Worklog for the Blue One
Worklog for the KLZE
Inodoro Pereyra

Post by Inodoro Pereyra »

There are many mods you can do for little or no money. Just read the worklogs.

You can modify your headlights, tail lights, marker lights, interior, etc, for the price of a can of spray paint. Also, start visiting junkyards. You can find almost anything, if you're patient.
U28sIG5vdyB5b3UgYWxzbyBrbm93IGJhc2UgNjQuLi5odWg/DQpTSE9XIE9GRiEhIQ==

"The more I know man, the more I love my dog."

Diogenes of Sinope.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

Thread Revival PLEASE!! =)

The hardest part wouldn't be making the fender flares fit... it would be tearing them off so you could still steer the car. :P

Front wheel drive = front wheels turn AND steer. :P They won't turn very far when the outer wheel hits the fender.

Novel idea, and as Ryan said it would definitely add traction... I personally would find it hilarious. If you have the time, and either an extra car or a beater... go for it. I want to see the effect.

As for that "truck", my prayers are with the owner for improved mental health.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

This thread doesn't need a revival, it should be burried far away and deep into the depths of the earth adn never spoke of again...
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Dragon1212

Post by Dragon1212 »

MrMazda92 wrote:Thread Revival PLEASE!! =)

The hardest part wouldn't be making the fender flares fit... it would be tearing them off so you could still steer the car. :P

Front wheel drive = front wheels turn AND steer. :P They won't turn very far when the outer wheel hits the fender.

Novel idea, and as Ryan said it would definitely add traction... I personally would find it hilarious. If you have the time, and either an extra car or a beater... go for it. I want to see the effect.

Lol duallys on the back not the front. that would be hell...
Worklog for the Blue One
Worklog for the KLZE
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

No dually on the front or the rear, on an mx-3, ever!
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Dragon1212 wrote:
MrMazda92 wrote:Thread Revival PLEASE!! =)

Lol duallys on the back not the front. that would be hell...

Hahaha, I figured that initially but I liked the idea of the front better as it would add traction as well as weight to the front end, which wouldn't necessarily be ALL bad. It would slow you down... but I agree that it would be unique, to say the least.

These guys will give you a hard time, as will I(sometimes), as I'm kinda an a-- at times. It's all meant for the greater good, and we'll all be here to help you in any way we can. I know what it's like to suggest something that doesn't receive the reaction I had hoped for. You'll have good ideas, as well as bad ones. The important thing you need to remember is, somebody somewhere has at least thought of it, if not tried it before. Keep digging, and coming up with new concepts. It will benefit us all to work together and share ideas.

As for this one, did you consider wider wheels? Similar to some Rolls-Royce wheels, if I remember correctly. Then you could reep the benefits of added traction and properly placed weight, with fewer complications.

I might add that AWD + 4 wider wheels might look alright, assuming the rims weren't too large a diameter(I hate sport-coupes that are 2 feet off the ground)

Good luck, and like the other guys said... improve what you already have before you go too much for new stuff.

That'll help you decide what new stuff is worth getting anyways!

~MM92

Nd4SpdSe wrote:No dually on the front or the rear, on an mx-3, ever!
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Althought I HATE this thread, and that I'm thinking that reviving it is probably a bad idea and that this thread should be locked up and burried way deep and that it's actual existance denied like Area 51.

But on a mostly related note, I just happen to watch the Top Gear Christmas (part 2) Middle East Special, and Jeremy happen to make his Miata a dually to handle desert conditions better. Oddly enough, it was somehow bolted on, cause he unbolted them later after they started to cause problems.
Savin

Post by Savin »

I was going to post about that too...I thought it was neat.
Thread title changed to "MX-5 Dually" ;)
'95 MX-3 RS - Project "Déjà Vu" Destined for the scrapyard.
'93 MX-3 GS - SOLD!
'93 MX-3 GS SE - Parts car!
'94 MX-3 GS - Scrapped
'94 MX-3 RS - Scrapped
'96 Sunfire SE - Scrapped
'03 Sunfire SE - Deathtrap
'95 Cavalier Base - Scrapped
'94 Thunderbird LX - Collects dust
'89 Mustang GT - SOLD!
fillpereira

Post by fillpereira »

I thought of this thread as i was watching that last night :lol:

Crazy what happened to James May :shock: poor guy, happy he was ok after
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Indeed, but he made the mistake himself. You never put yourself between the tow and the recovery vehicle, nor stand by the recovery line. Mine you, it's not a steel winch cable, so there's much less chance of major injury or death, but as you saw from being in the wrong place. I'm sure James had little vehicle recovery experience. I know Jemery doesn't from the one Land Rover challenge, he just sat and let the recovery crew do it, lol.

Return to “Appearance”