Windows 7 jumping cursor!

Please post here any content related to fighting viruses on the internet. (ie. Internet e-mail headers to help track down virus infected computers in the MX-3 community.)
hgallegos915

Windows 7 jumping cursor!

Post by hgallegos915 »

Anyone have this problem? Its getting annoying. Im typing my mind away and when I least expect it.. BAM cursor jumped to another paragraph. I used to have an app that fixes it (doesnt let the cursor move until you stop typing.

Even while typing this.. the freaking cursor jumped... I HATE IT... HELP ME!

Some people say its a virus but its not.. my hard drive died a few months ago and I completely did a clean install of windows 7.

but well you are welcome to correct me.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Evo_Spec

Re: Windows 7 jumping cursor!

Post by Evo_Spec »

is your mouse wired or wireless? cause wireless mouses can sometimes start doing stuff like that, or might be getting interference from somewhere.
if people that you are asking are knowledgeable with computers and telling you its a virus then that's possible too, because really it's possible to get viruses as soon as you boot and connect to the internet. (happened to me once, had to reformat all over again)
but i've never heard of a virus that does the mouse thing, but that doesn't mean it's not out there, my best guess is the mouse
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I have a touchpad, its a laptop. A dell inspiron 15. The newer ones. I used to have a program that would block my cursor from jumping until around 5 seconds after you stop typing. I forgot where I got that program . :(
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

oic, my aunt's laptop did that before, or still does if she still has it. and it was because the heat from her computer was making the touchpad freak out thinking it was being touched or something, i just disabled it and gave her a mouse.
so i have no idea what might be wrong, have you tried searching it on google? might be something common for the dell model you have or something maybe?
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

hmm ill try disabling it and getting a mouse.
I did google it and got to many answers. Most of them point to the touchpad itself.

Its so annoying... it jumps between paragraphs and sometimes to the address bar :(
-hec

hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I updated the driver, ill test it out and see what happens. I had never been able to find an update for it. I went to the dell site and they had one now. Before they only had it for windows vista but I upgraded to windows 7. I just typed this paragraph without jumping the cursor which it was impossible before. So im crossing my fingers. Thanks for the tips :
-hec

Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Disabling the touchpad didn't work?
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Inodoro Pereyra

Post by Inodoro Pereyra »

If loading the new driver didn't work, go to Control Panel>Mouse>Touchpad>Settings>Pointers>Sensitivity, and change (lower) the mouse sensitivity. Many times, touchpads tend to get triggered by the electric noise of a hand passing near them, if the sensitivity is too high. If that doesn't work either, you need to go to:

On Internet Explorer:

Tools>Internet Options>Advanced, and check "Use Smooth Scrolling".

On Firefox:

Edit>Preferences>Advanced>General, and, again, check "Use Smooth Scrolling".

If none of that works, you may want to consider joining:

http://www.sevenforums.com/
U28sIG5vdyB5b3UgYWxzbyBrbm93IGJhc2UgNjQuLi5odWg/DQpTSE9XIE9GRiEhIQ==

"The more I know man, the more I love my dog."

Diogenes of Sinope.
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

I turned off "tap to click" and problem solved.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Ryan, didn't know you could do that as I'm not a laptop guy. Turned it off. I hate tap to click. :evil:
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Return to “Anti-Virus Forum”