Radiator advice??????????????????

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
AaronTietje
antispam: No

Radiator advice??????????????????

Post by AaronTietje »

I want to put an aftermarket radiator in my mx3.

Does anyone know of a company that makes one for the mx3 or an alternative from another car (still aftermarket)?

(I went as far as getting a godspeed radiator for a Subaru as it had the correct placement for the hoses, however, it was too large)

Any help would be great.

Thanks Aaron
We all want to be fast and look cool. Cool changes but fast never does.
solo_ryder

Re: Radiator advice??????????????????

Post by solo_ryder »

Well I dont think there is a aftermarket company making "performance" rads for our cars. I suppose you could find something that could possibly fit (maybe look at 323 v6 custom rad apps on club protege) but I could be wrong tho.

That being said, there really is no use to get a performance rad unless you just want it for looks, even tho that is pointless as the rad cover hides it from even being seen... The stock GS rad is already oversized for the car. Look at honda's in similar size.. The rads in those are half as small or smaller. The GS rad is pretty darn big and if you have a 2nd fan on there then you will never have to worry about cooling issues at all. I bought a new rad last year for 200$ and installed it for the summer and was blasting AC the whole time in 35 degree weather and I never had a issue.
mikeinaus
antispam: No

Post by mikeinaus »

just get a stock replacement if yours is leaking. make sure you get one with metal sides thow. the stock ones with plastic sides are retarded.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I got mine like 4 years ago at radiatorworld.com for 130 shipped. All copper and it cools much better than my stock one ever did.. dunno why..
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Sleeper6
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Sleeper6 »

Man this makes me feel bad for picking that copper one up off you aaron, hope you can find a decent replacement otherwise we you can have the one in the red one when we tear it down :wink:
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

copper conducts heat a little less than twice as well as aluminum.... Or you can think of aluminum as insulating twice as much as copper.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”