WTB Stock Engine

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
LooseChangeRacing

WTB Stock Engine

Post by LooseChangeRacing »

Right now my engine has 150k....yay I want to purchase a new engine, or atleast with a decently less mileage, and with no problems what soever, becuase the engine I have now has no problems it's just losing it's mmmph. I'm fairly sure that even though I have the 92 88hp engine I could take either the SOHC or the DOHC without having to change anything, but a drop in replacement....anyone got anything?
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2385931/4
Car Name - Elsie (LC)
Car Type - 92 Black RS Stock 190k
Car Name - (yet to be decided)
Car Type - 93 (soon Black) GS KLZE 130k
tommygunzit

Re: WTB Stock Engine

Post by tommygunzit »

I might sell my engine, it's a 4cyl dohc auto w/ about 135000k's. I'm thinking about doing a swap. I can also get my hands on a 6cyle and 5 spd tranny, if you're interested. lemme know.
Drive it like it's stolen, cuz it's so funny watching the cops creep up on ya real slow if ya stop, lol.
bugz

Post by bugz »

i got a 93 mx3 gs v6 engine an tranny got 35,000 miles, wiring harness , no power sterring pump or alt. but im on west coast. asking 700.00 eng and auto tranny asking 100-150 plus ship. let me know pm me or email bugz00069@yahoo
92GS.KLze 2.5 ,CT26 TURBO,40K MILES,Ram air intake,2.5 cat back,coming.pullys,cams,Pistons,
valves & springs,venom injectors.
LooseChangeRacing

the v6 won't work, and the 4cyl you mentioned seems to have almost as many miles as my 150k, I'm hoping to get something that I can drop-in to basicly replace the mileage, so that I can atleast have an engine under 100k. My perfect would be closer to 60 or 70k. I know there out there.
Car Name - Elsie (LC)
Machelski65

Post by Machelski65 »

Loose change, just go to local salvage yards and look for a protege with the 1.8 DOHC 4 cylinder. Get the engine and the ecu and you'll be set. Makes a hell of an engine swap, think its 125hp or something stock. Good Luck, have any question let me know did the swap while back to my old sohc 1.6 rs I sold yr ago.. A.J.
LooseChangeRacing

Yeah Machel that doesn't sound to bad, ok so heres my Q...
1.8 DOHC 125 HP, definitly a step up from the basic stock, sounds good. Ok so heres my Q, is it a complete drop-in or am I going to have to change harnesses and change things around, or even change motor mounts. I was basicly just looking for something to compeltely replace my engine without any mods. Also what year protege's do these engines come in.
Car Name - Elsie (LC)

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”