Letters11 - 1995 MX3 1.6

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
Letters11
antispam: No

Letters11 - 1995 MX3 1.6

Post by Letters11 »

Here is my mx3. Not much going on here, mostly cosmetic but we'll see.

First started out with this about 5 years back. Stayed stock as it way my daily driver. 1993 1.6, bought with 40k miles. Sold at 190k without anything being done besides regular maintenence and an exhaust.

Bought a 94 1.6 with 70k miles a few years ago.
Picked up my daily driver, 1995 1.6 with 114k miles.
About 6 months after that, got another 1995 1.6 with 65k miles.

This is my driveway now.

Ok, back to my car. I bought this with 114k miles on it bone stock. Drove it around for a while and got tired of looing at the same old car. I needed to do some modding so to speak.

When I first bought it.

First thing I did was put the front bar on.

Taillights

I put a spoiler on it.

A new head unit

Radar detector mounted above my rear view mirror

Painted Valve Cover and intake.

Distributor Adapter had a crack so it needed replacing.

Got rear mudflaps from the junkyard. They were white but I painted them
New rims for the nice weather.

Rims for winter

Painted my drums

Purchases red mini sides. Painted them and installed not too long ago.

Future Mods:
-Projector headlights
-Indiglo gauges
-Keyless entry
-New speakers
Letters11

Re: Letters11 - 1995 MX3 1.6

Post by Letters11 »

Just received my bumper, side skirts, mudflaps, foglights, switches, spoiler, and half of a front lip. Should be picking up the other half this afternoon.

One concern though. Is this middle of the lip supposed to look like this? It almost looks like there is putty or something like a JB weld substance there. Is this something Mazda did to strenghten the middle or was this done by the owner before me. The lips mid point is nice and straight though, and the putty goes over top of it, to make me believe it was done by someone else? Ive never seen a lip off of the car, thats why im asking. Thanks
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

that's a really bad fix done by a previous owner
Letters11

Post by Letters11 »

Evo_Spec wrote:that's a really bad fix done by a previous owner
I assummed so. If you look from straight on it doesnt look too bad, painted over nicely too. I should be able to chip that away and have it be back to normal? Thanks
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Nice job. Good tasteful work you've done so far. I can't quite picture it in my head right this second, but I believer there is a tab that connects the two halves of the lip where that glue is. I am not sure which side has the tab and which side has the hole, but I'm pretty sure there is a connection between the two sides at the end there. Perhaps the tab broke off either from the piece you have or the other side and that's why the glue.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

wytbishop wrote:Nice job. Good tasteful work you've done so far. I can't quite picture it in my head right this second, but I believer there is a tab that connects the two halves of the lip where that glue is. I am not sure which side has the tab and which side has the hole, but I'm pretty sure there is a connection between the two sides at the end there. Perhaps the tab broke off either from the piece you have or the other side and that's why the glue.
passenger side has the tab, and driver side has the slit.

Letters11

Post by Letters11 »

Evo_Spec wrote:
wytbishop wrote:Nice job. Good tasteful work you've done so far. I can't quite picture it in my head right this second, but I believer there is a tab that connects the two halves of the lip where that glue is. I am not sure which side has the tab and which side has the hole, but I'm pretty sure there is a connection between the two sides at the end there. Perhaps the tab broke off either from the piece you have or the other side and that's why the glue.
passenger side has the tab, and driver side has the slit.

Ok cool, thanks. Ill see what I can do with this one. Any of those ones for sale?!
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

Letters11 wrote:Ok cool, thanks. Ill see what I can do with this one. Any of those ones for sale?!
if i ever get around to packaging them or something, for now no, cause i'm lazy
Letters11

Post by Letters11 »

Just got back from the junkyard. I think i did well for $10. Need to fix the mounting tabs but all in all, not too bad condition??
AaronTietje

Post by AaronTietje »

Want to x4 you money on that lip :love: I cant find a lip set to save my life. :twisted:

The cars looking great btw.
We all want to be fast and look cool. Cool changes but fast never does.
Letters11

Post by Letters11 »

AaronTietje wrote:Want to x4 you money on that lip :love: I cant find a lip set to save my life. :twisted:

I would love to but im in the same boat. Ive been looking for a long time and this one happened to pop up. Im hoping I can fix it enough to use it. As you can see, the right side (looking at the picture) of the lip in the back by the wheelwell is damaged. Im going to have to piece half of the green on with the other half of the white. If i come across another that I wont keep for my other car, youll be the first to be asked! And if I am not mistaken, the red mini sides were yours not too long ago? I bought them from Gio.
ethand
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by ethand »

AaronTietje wrote:Want to x4 you money on that lip :love: I cant find a lip set to save my life. :twisted:

PM the user KIRKS if you like - I beleive he's got/making a mould for them (the JDM front lip, that is) and is thinking of doing a group buy on here... He's already posted about this on the teameunos.com website... Pretty sure he's on here too...
'92 JDM Eunos Presso - Zeke
AaronTietje

Post by AaronTietje »

Letters11 wrote:

I would love to but im in the same boat. Ive been looking for a long time and this one happened to pop up. Im hoping I can fix it enough to use it. As you can see, the right side (looking at the picture) of the lip in the back by the wheelwell is damaged. Im going to have to piece half of the green on with the other half of the white. If i come across another that I wont keep for my other car, youll be the first to be asked! And if I am not mistaken, the red mini sides were yours not too long ago? I bought them from Gio.
Hey yah those were my mini's then lol. Its good to see them on a car. The reason I sold them was because I got full length JDM skirts.
You did a good job with the color match. Did you get a custom spray can made to match your color?
We all want to be fast and look cool. Cool changes but fast never does.
Letters11

Post by Letters11 »

Thanks! I got a can from Advanced Auto Parts. It was an "exact color match for ford vehicles." The color on the cap of the spray can was spot on color, but its hard to get the primer right, so its either too dark or too light. I did the rear mudflaps and sides with this color from the can. Im happy how they turned out. I plan on doing the lip with the spray can as well. Anyone have any primer tips or suggestions?
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

You shouldn't have to worry about the color/darkness of the primer. Primer is only there as an intermidiate coat to help the paint stick to the material your painting, especially automotive paints on plastics and eurethane (lip, bumper, skirts).
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”