Shock Alarm anybody?

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
ethand
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Shock Alarm anybody?

Post by ethand »

haha lol... that rape alarm is an awesome idea... i'm just imagining if it went of in my driveway at home and my parents didnt know about it...... hahahahaha... i might get in trouble for that...
How about installing a few security cameras around the house? Subtly,. of course, like hidden in things/partially behind things, that would help prove for you next time he (inevitably) tries to wreck/steal your stuff...
'92 JDM Eunos Presso - Zeke
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

h3xt0r wrote:
MrMazda92 wrote:Not a bad idea, but to put that on his car I would be breaking the order myself.
That's what friends are for!
That's included. Any person i put between him and us is an extension of my choices.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Last edited by MrMazda92 on November 14th, 2010, 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

ethand wrote:haha lol... that rape alarm is an awesome idea... i'm just imagining if it went of in my driveway at home and my parents didnt know about it...... hahahahaha... i might get in trouble for that...
How about installing a few security cameras around the house? Subtly,. of course, like hidden in things/partially behind things, that would help prove for you next time he (inevitably) tries to wreck/steal your stuff...
The issues are light, as well as storage for the video. :( Not to mention cost... I even waited up 4 nights in a row listening. I thought about a baby monitor, since it would trip with sound... it would wake me up. Both incidents happened on occasions where I was away from the house.
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
ethand

Post by ethand »

hmm true... electric gates/fences?? hahaha
yeah... though cant you get cameras that are able to see in the dark? either that, or get a motion sensing light out front (for the sake of your car)?? and a home alarm? or something hahah i dont know...
all the best with it, though...
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

ethand wrote:hmm true... electric gates/fences?? hahaha
yeah... though cant you get cameras that are able to see in the dark? either that, or get a motion sensing light out front (for the sake of your car)?? and a home alarm? or something hahah i dont know...
Maybe for nightvision cameras, probably too expensive though. As for the motion sensing light, I have 2 where she's parked.
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
h3xt0r

Post by h3xt0r »

MrMazda92 wrote:
Maybe for nightvision cameras, probably too expensive though. As for the motion sensing light, I have 2 where she's parked.
Decent Lorex cameras are about 80 bucks, plus an internal PCI capture card puts it up at around 200bucks with taxes...wait....OR....No Taxes....</3... Okay so about 180ish. That should give you a clear view at night at about 100feet or so. You could get the internal PCI capture card or snag a DVR for about 200 or so.
-H3xT0r
kateCapshaw wrote:The moment somebody says to me, "This is very risky," is the moment it becomes attractive to me.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

h3xt0r wrote:
MrMazda92 wrote:
Decent Lorex cameras are about 80 bucks, plus an internal PCI capture card puts it up at around 200bucks with taxes...wait....OR....No Taxes....</3... Okay so about 180ish. That should give you a clear view at night at about 100feet or so. You could get the internal PCI capture card or snag a DVR for about 200 or so.
Ill check it out :D Thanks!
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
ethand

Post by ethand »

hmm, good research, hector... hahah I just realised, most of my posts are with you mm92 hahaha :lol:
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

x2 for the research, I assumed it would be a lot more money for a product like that; Lesson learned, look before you assume!

It happens, I tend to post a little more often than I need to; I find myself browsing the forums for hours at a time, as well as PT and the UK MX3 forums. :P
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
h3xt0r

Post by h3xt0r »

MrMazda92 wrote:x2 for the research, I assumed it would be a lot more money for a product like that; Lesson learned, look before you assume!

It happens, I tend to post a little more often than I need to; I find myself browsing the forums for hours at a time, as well as PT and the UK MX3 forums. :P
I am the same, I will sit and browse these forums for a good hour or so every day. I might have been here a year but I still learn something new just about every day. :-P
-H3xT0r
kateCapshaw wrote:The moment somebody says to me, "This is very risky," is the moment it becomes attractive to me.
ethand

Post by ethand »

haha yep, x3 to the browsing for alot of time each day and learning at least one thing new pretty much every time haha :D
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

I love it, I used to spend that kind of time doing other things, that I now consider far less entertaining and beneficial... I'm loving everything I learn about Engines, enough that I'm thinking about minoring in Mechanics and Auto-Body when I start college again. My major will likely be engineering... That was my dream when I was young, and my newfound love for cars has only bolstered it.
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
ethand

Post by ethand »

ah, sweet as! well i've always loved cars (no idea why - none of my fam at all like them even slightly... even my extended family), and thought about engineering, but looked at the course contents and decided not to...
BUT one day I wanna buy an original MX-5 ('89 model) and take it all apart, clean/fix everything, then re-build it all again, restoring everything on it back to stock condition... i rate that'd be awesome, and I'd learn so much!! first I gotta finish uni (5 years left), then get a house, etc.... so this is a LOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNGGGGGG way off :cry: hahaha.... still, i can dream!!!
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Yeah :) I used to have no particular preference for cars, as long as they got me where I needed to go. This was before I could drive of course, it changed slowly after that. My interest was actually piqued when I first saw the MX3, and I fell in love when I test drove one. It was a beater, without a doubt, but that beater was enough to get me hooked. ;)

I've got a '71 MG Midget in semi-permanent storage, that's a project I plan to undertake in a few years, if/when I feel I am truly ready. My dream car has always and will always be a 1970 Dodge Charger, I loved them even when I didn't care about cars. Now of course, a beater shell will cost me more than a clean 200 WHP MX3, I'll be waiting far too long for that project.
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”