[WTB] K8 Airbox

Looking for an Item you'd like to buy? Post here.
This section is NOT for selling.
h3xt0r

[WTB] K8 Airbox

Post by h3xt0r »

Need an Airbox for the K8 engine. Can't pass smog without it in CA apparently...Yay. Name your price.

-Rich
-H3xT0r
kateCapshaw wrote:The moment somebody says to me, "This is very risky," is the moment it becomes attractive to me.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Re: [WTB] K8 Airbox

Post by MrMazda92 »

You really can't pass without it? That's lame.

Umm... do you just need the box, or piping from TB down? I've got it all, but I'm using part of it still. I'm keeping the VAF either way, as I need it :P
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
h3xt0r

Post by h3xt0r »

MrMazda92 wrote:You really can't pass without it? That's lame.

Umm... do you just need the box, or piping from TB down? I've got it all, but I'm using part of it still. I'm keeping the VAF either way, as I need it :P
Just need the box by itself. My last move I lost it (or my wife threw it away) either way, need to snag one to pass smog here in CA...

PS~ Very lame! :freak:
-H3xT0r
kateCapshaw wrote:The moment somebody says to me, "This is very risky," is the moment it becomes attractive to me.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

h3xt0r wrote:
MrMazda92 wrote:You really can't pass without it? That's lame.

Just need the box by itself. My last move I lost it (or my wife threw it away) either way, need to snag one to pass smog here in CA...

PS~ Very lame! :freak:
I have a true K8 box, and I have the bottom end of a KL box; I combined the 2 so I don't have that one circular hole that I never had anything attached to
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
mazdags94

Post by mazdags94 »

Got a box jus laying around that I couldn't bring myself to throw out. Say 10 bucks plus ship? PM me if interested. Comes with filter as well.
'94 MX3 GS (black)-- 2.5L DE w/ straight neck IM, SSAC Headers, KYB-GR2's, Intrax Springs, CM Stage I clutch, OBX STS, filled front & rear mounts, CAI- SOLD :(
Buyer Feedback: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62426" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=69003" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Amatuers practice until they can get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong"
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Uhh, I'd rather hoped nobody would make a race out of this -.-

I was trying to find out which bottom end he wanted, as one has a hole and the other doesn't.
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
h3xt0r

Post by h3xt0r »

Ooh...Uuh One with whole? If by hole you're referring to the nipple for the vacuum. Mazdags, I'd prefer to go with MrMazda if he can... Faster/cheaper shipping No offense or anything. ^_^. Btw...MrMazda, would you be okay if I borrowed the airbox? Just to pass smog? xD I'll pay for shipping both ways. Just an Idea. :-P
-H3xT0r
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

h3xt0r wrote:Ooh...Uuh One with whole? If by hole you're referring to the nipple for the vacuum. Mazdags, I'd prefer to go with MrMazda if he can... Faster/cheaper shipping No offense or anything. ^_^. Btw...MrMazda, would you be okay if I borrowed the airbox? Just to pass smog? xD I'll pay for shipping both ways. Just an Idea. :-P

I wouldn't really call it a nipple, it's a protruding plastic fitting that my car never had anything hooked to :P The KL bottom end had the exact same fitting, but it didn't have a hole for anything to go through!

I'd be okay for loaning it haha, I have installed/removed it a dozen times to test things and I'd like to be able to do that in the future too!
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
mazdags94

Post by mazdags94 »

h3xt0r wrote:Ooh...Uuh One with whole? If by hole you're referring to the nipple for the vacuum. Mazdags, I'd prefer to go with MrMazda if he can... Faster/cheaper shipping No offense or anything. ^_^. Btw...MrMazda, would you be okay if I borrowed the airbox? Just to pass smog? xD I'll pay for shipping both ways. Just an Idea. :-P

no offense taken, I just didn't want to throw this thing out
'94 MX3 GS (black)-- 2.5L DE w/ straight neck IM, SSAC Headers, KYB-GR2's, Intrax Springs, CM Stage I clutch, OBX STS, filled front & rear mounts, CAI- SOLD :(
Buyer Feedback: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62426" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=69003" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Amatuers practice until they can get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong"

Return to “MX-3 Related Want to Buy Forum”