GS Firing Order in FAQ

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Steve_SK

GS Firing Order in FAQ

Post by Steve_SK »

Hi. I've read description about firing order for K-series and I don't agree with everything written there. I believe the firing order is 1-2-3-4-5-6. There is a misunderstanding when someone reads info on a disty cap, order there is 1-2-3-5-4-6.. Here I give you a small example of disty cap.

THere you can see red numbers (numbers which you see on a disty cap) plus green numbers (numbers of the pins located in the disty cap). Please notice No. 5 ... pin inside is moved on the side of the disty cap, so in fact it is between 4 and 6. ;-)

So, the firing order is 1-2-3-4-5-6, not 1-2-3 and 5-4-6 and so on.. I just wanted to make this clear. :) Anyway, the rest is good, cylinder numbering is ok (1-3-5 for the right bank, and 2-4-6 for the left bank).

Greets. Steve.
MX-3 V6 1993 | Black | EU-spec | K819
Inodoro Pereyra

Re: GS Firing Order in FAQ

Post by Inodoro Pereyra »

If you look at the cap from the top, you will see the cylinder numbers are cast on their right places.
Those numbers don't give you the firing order, but the number of the cylinder each connector should be connected to. The firing order is, as stated in the manuals, 1-2-3-4-5-6. The fact that the disty outlets are in a different position only means you have to be careful when you connect the leads.
U28sIG5vdyB5b3UgYWxzbyBrbm93IGJhc2UgNjQuLi5odWg/DQpTSE9XIE9GRiEhIQ==

"The more I know man, the more I love my dog."

Diogenes of Sinope.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”