Muffler help

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Steve_SK

Muffler help

Post by Steve_SK »

Hello friends,

when I bought my MX-3 V6 it had UlterSport muffler, which was very noisy. I decided to remove it and buy a replacement muffler which meets OEM specs. I bought Bosal muffler, which is a piece of junk, it is loud and rusty all over after 2 years.. I wanted genuine Mazda MX-3 muffler, but it was very expensive (and still is).

I'd like to know, if anybody here has some experiences with mufflers, I want the most silent one, every good brand except for the Bosal and Mazda (which is expensive for that "quality").

Any opinions, tips, please?

Thank you!!
MX-3 V6 1993 | Black | EU-spec | K819
wytbishop

Re: Muffler help

Post by wytbishop »

Parts stores over here sell "Stock replacement" exhaust parts which are comparable quality to OEM but I don't recall off the top of my head what the manufacturer name is. The same parts would not be available in EU anyway. Everything aftermarket over here is designed to be an upgrade on some level...which means higher flowing or just louder...but sometimes both. It's very hard to find a quiet aftermarket muffler.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

You may need to source a muffler from another car in order to get the look/sound that you want..

Maybe something like this subaru wrx muffler:

Steve_SK

Post by Steve_SK »

Look should be very similar to stock and sound as quiet as possible. :)

I need to find a very good muffler very soon.

BTW, is there any chance to get a new front Y-pipe?? It is impossible here, I mean aftermarket one..
MX-3 V6 1993 | Black | EU-spec | K819

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”