RUNNING RICH

A section dedicated to Engine Mangement Systems & Engine Tuning. Megasquirt, SMS, Haltek, ect.
snoopyKLZE
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

RUNNING RICH

Post by snoopyKLZE »

hey every one i got a problem with my mx3 running crazy rich its a 1992 mx3 with the klze swap curve neck manifold and am running the KL36 ecu i scanned my car and the codes i got where no change in both left and right O2 sensor - Knock sensor - and a EGR code i change both or sensor but i got the same code again aftermarket o2 thow i had to cut and splice the wires i look up the schematic for the wire so i got the wiring right don't know what easl to do am willing to pay to get the problem fix ive been trying to solve it for 2 months know don't know whats gooing on am loacted in brampton On need some help plz thanks. ill pay if i have to thanks
umcamara
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Re: RUNNING RICH

Post by umcamara »

I have no idea what you wrote there... Does your keyboard have a comma or enter button? They're usually located on the bottom and right sides of the keyboard..
'96 Silver Stone Metallic MTX RS
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread
snoopyKLZE

Post by snoopyKLZE »

i got a 1992 mazda mx3 with the KLZE swap (curve neck) KL36 ecu cars running really rich i scanned the car and the code i got where no change in left and right O2 sensor Knock sensor and a EGR code. the o2 sensor i bought was an aftermarket one so i had to splice the wires and wire it in the wire is right i got the schematics for the wiring. ill pay to fix the problem if i have to i i got the 1.8 exhaust manifold on the klze looking to by headers if any body got any need help plz and thanks.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

snoopyKLZE wrote:i got a 1992 mazda mx3 with the KLZE swap (curve neck) KL36 ecu cars running really rich i scanned the car and the code i got where no change in left and right O2 sensor Knock sensor and a EGR code. the o2 sensor i bought was an aftermarket one so i had to splice the wires and wire it in the wire is right i got the schematics for the wiring. ill pay to fix the problem if i have to i i got the 1.8 exhaust manifold on the klze looking to by headers if any body got any need help plz and thanks.
Quick clarification, is it a J-Spec ZE with a Millenia curve neck? Or a complete Millenia 2.5?

The KL36 ECU was originally intended for a J-Spec ZE, and I believe the Millenia comes with a KL01 ECU, same as the DE. Wait for verification on that one. As for the rest, you'll need to re-word this part of your question: " i scanned the car and the code i got where no change in left and right O2 sensor Knock sensor and a EGR code."

I wasn't sure if you meant it threw codes or not.

As for the headers, refer to the WTB(Wanted To Buy) Section, here: http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=48

Good luck, hopefully a solution becomes readily available to your problems!
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
snoopyKLZE

Post by snoopyKLZE »

thanks for u help so i think it's the 2.5 millenia engine not a 100% sure. I don't know to much about the K engines. I got the car scanned as in i hooked up a scanner to it and the code i got where No change in both o2 sensor EGR and Knock sensor circuit falt. I don't understand why i got a EGR code with the KL36 ECU?
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

I already gave you some good info but instead of going ahead with it or asking for more help you dumped the thread and asked the same question all over again. You could of changed the title of your original thread if you thought that would help but to discard help that was already offered. ??

Original thread: http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=75749" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Others would of saw what I already discussed with you and could of built on that.
Last edited by Daninski on November 5th, 2010, 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
snoopyKLZE

Post by snoopyKLZE »

lol sorry i copyed and paste that question by accident i did what u said my idle is way better but it's still running rich do you think my coolant temp sensor can be bad is that a common thing on the KL engines?
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Our engines do tend to run rich. How are you determining rich? Oh and did you check your timing?
What O2 sensors did you use?
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
snoopyKLZE

Post by snoopyKLZE »

it's really rich in the morning it struggles to idle and lots of black smoke. and aslo when it idles lot of popping in the exhaust but when it worms up it's not as rich and it idles ok Know and then it will idle up and down.
snoopyKLZE

Post by snoopyKLZE »

i used the bosh O2 aftermarket ones and ye my timing is good.
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

I'm not a fan of bosch, I prefer original equipment like Denso.
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
7477th member.

_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

I just took a look at his MX-3 tonight. He doesn't have a KLZE, the heads are KL-101/1A1, it's a DE with a Millenia IM, possibly a Millenia DE altogether since it had no 2nd coolant sensor originally, indicating that it could be a 94+. So that introduces a few issues right away (apart from the messy redneck job of the swap itself which was done by some Honda guy) since he's using the KL36 ECU and it is indeed a DE which means it's supposed to have an EGR passage. The car generally runs fine, it's probably just a bunch of small things like wiring and vacuum.
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

His car is just pissed off at his lack of grammar and punishing him for typing like a retard.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Side topic, my car seems to run a little rich with almost everything stock.

Only tell is light smoke when it's cold, even after the water evaporates. Well, that and the smell.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

I hate it when people say "my car runs rich, I can see smoke and I can smell it" that means nothing! Unless you have an O2 sensor built into your nose and your eyes can detect tailpipe emissions then don't make any assumptions until you can confirm it.
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]

Return to “Engine Electronics/Tuning”